Like 7 grams if I remember Allie or Terra telling me that

·
Registered
327 Posts
Ok, Ok so I dont know the metric system :bolt:

·
Registered
207 Posts
Get the light barrel. "Numbers" aside, "f" that extra weight. If you want a nose heavy, uncomfortable, unbalanced carbine, just go ahead and get the Sig 566.

That's my opinion on the heavy barrel XCR.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I grabbed my heavy barrel due to no waiting, bought at a gun show.

I'm considering the idea of having flutes cut into it.

ACKKS asked this same question on sigforum, here is the link. So how much does the 16" light barrel version weigh?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I grabbed my heavy barrel due to no waiting, bought at a gun show.

I'm considering the idea of having flutes cut into it.

ACKKS asked this same question on sigforum, here is the link. So how much does the 16" light barrel version weigh?
:) Yep, I posted there and thought there may be more XCR owners here who would know. Thanks for the help! I'm placing an order tonight!

·
Registered
22,635 Posts
Could somone please tell me the actual difference in weight between the two? Thanks!
I don't know the weight of a standard hbar, but I do have a fluted hbar:
Per the scale at the Post Office:
Fluted Heavy Barrel = 34.4 ounces
"Pencil" Barrel = 30.9 ounces
Great info....thanks!

Sean

·
Registered
2,142 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
I can't comment with respect to actual weight, but aesthetics aside, my choice is definitely the "pencil barrel". I am running 0313's "pencil" barrel with no adjustment in sights BTW, and I MUCH prefer it to the HBAR.

I ordered my XCR-L from a dealer in PA, believing the "L" to be the lightweight pencil barrel. I got a great deal, but was way bummed when it showed up with the HBAR. I use my rifle for 3 Gun and "Battle Rattle Walkabouts" in Utah's West Desert. I much prefer the "pencil" barrel for its much quicker speed to my shoulder and decreased swingweight when engaging "Talibunnies" or multiple target stages in 3 gun.

Depends on how you will use it. The HBAR is noticeably more front heavy, bt is also more stable on longer distance unsupported shooting on silhouettes. General public perception probably favors the HBAR and it does look better IMO.

Measurements:

14.9 mm Pencil Barrel
21.2/18.7/17.9 HBAR\

I am not using dial calipers, but these seem pretty accurate using my bicyle industry scribed calipers.

Hope that give you what you are after. You could do some dimensional calculations and derive approxiamte weight differences. My Tanita scale came up with approx. .65-.7 lbs between the HBAR and the "Pencil"

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
For the 6.8 SPC model your only choice is the Heavy Barrel. Fluting is your only option which I am considering.

SheepDog :2rifle:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.