XCR Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I've had the FAST stock on my XCR-L since I got it (pic in the intro sub). My only issue with it is the narrow riser, which has interfered with good cheek weld. I recently pulled the trigger on an ACOG, and now I'm concerned my riser doesn't have enough upward adjustment. I've been heavily considering the ACR conversion, but with the $150 Magpul ACR stock and $160 adapter, want to make sure it's worth it. I've been following some of the other threads related to this and not sure any of them have helped answer my question.

So...my question to the group is, should I go ACR? Are there AR platform conversions that would be better? Is there a way to retrofit a better riser to the FAST stock?

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,826 Posts
This one's opinion:

A magpul CTS with riser was one of my favorite configurations, the FAST and I never vibed. Magpul makes 3 risers that very securely snap into place on the CTS stocks, pick your height, and they feel great on the cheek bone. Some guys don't use a strong cheek weld so comfort may not be up there in the hierarchy, but if you do, it's pretty cush as the options go.....plus, won't hit ya in the wampum as hard if you can source the m4 adapter.

That said, I do really like the look of the ACR stock, especially on an XCR.....hopefully someone who is running one will chime in directly.....

·
Registered
22,523 Posts
In your posted pic, you don't have the riser at the highest position. There's at least one more 1/4" higher one by extending the stock to be able to pull the riser rearward and then off. Put the tabs on the riser itself in the next higher position and you'll be 1/4" higher.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
In your posted pic, you don't have the riser at the highest position. There's at least one more 1/4" higher one by extending the stock to be able to pull the riser rearward and then off. Put the tabs on the riser itself in the next higher position and you'll be 1/4" higher.
Appreciate it. I'm going to adjust it up and see if that helps any.

·
Registered
120 Posts
You should be fine if the stock is in the middle position (in line with the upper with the cheek riser at the lowest slot). This position fits my Elcans just fine, which is the same height over bore as the acog. ACR has less upward adjustment than the fast, but does provide a wider cheek piece.

·
Registered
22,523 Posts
You should be fine if the stock is in the middle position (in line with the upper with the cheek riser at the lowest slot). This position fits my Elcans just fine, which is the same height over bore as the acog. ACR has less upward adjustment than the fast, but does provide a wider cheek piece.
Yeah, but face shape dictates what works and doesn't. High cheek bones and relatively low body fat means one guy may need a lot lower optic height than most. For me, I need a CL optic height of about 1 1/8" or 1 1/6" above the top of the pic rail on an AR or the XCR.

Reactions: ddub-j and scalton

·
Registered
818 Posts
This one's opinion:

A magpul CTS with riser was one of my favorite configurations, the FAST and I never vibed. Magpul makes 3 risers that very securely snap into place on the CTS stocks, pick your height, and they feel great on the cheek bone. Some guys don't use a strong cheek weld so comfort may not be up there in the hierarchy, but if you do, it's pretty cush as the options go.....plus, won't hit ya in the wampum as hard if you can source the m4 adapter.

That said, I do really like the look of the ACR stock, especially on an XCR.....hopefully someone who is running one will chime in directly.....
Magpul CTS is my favorite by far, both my XCR's have them.
The M4 style stocks are what I'm most used to, my 2nd XCR came with the fast stock I tried it out but just didn't like it to me it felt off.
Old school or just stuck I'm my ways, for me it just works better.

·
Registered
22,523 Posts
Appreciate it. I'm going to adjust it up and see if that helps any.

Good luck. Let us know how it goes....

One other thing...there is one more adjustment up. If you fold your stock and look on the inside face of where the stock mates to the folding adapter, you will see 3 screw holes and at least one socket head cap screw in one of the 3 holes (sometimes there are 2). If you unscrew the screw(s), you can slide the stock up higher than the top of the picatinny rail if you needed to.....and on top of that, you have the ability to move the riser itself into 2 positions as mentioned before.

Reactions: ddub-j

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Good luck. Let us know how it goes....

One other thing...there is one more adjustment up. If you fold your stock and look on the inside face of where the stock mates to the folding adapter, you will see 3 screw holes and at least one socket head cap screw in one of the 3 holes (sometimes there are 2). If you unscrew the screw(s), you can slide the stock up higher than the top of the picatinny rail if you needed to.....and on top of that, you have the ability to move the riser itself into 2 positions as mentioned before.
Appreciate the tips and help. I had no idea you could make those other adjustments on the folding adapter. I just adjusted the riser to the higher setting and that was just what I needed. I can get much better check weld now and the width doesn't bother me as much. Also adjusted the length, which with the higher riser, helped with full picture on the ACOG. Target acquisition when raising the rifle is much quicker now. Need to get out to the range and see how it does there. If all goes well, I think you just saved me some money.

·
Registered
818 Posts
Appreciate the tips and help. I had no idea you could make those other adjustments on the folding adapter. I just adjusted the riser to the higher setting and that was just what I needed. I can get much better check weld now and the width doesn't bother me as much. Also adjusted the length, which with the higher riser, helped with full picture on the ACOG. Target acquisition when raising the rifle is much quicker now. Need to get out to the range and see how it does there. If all goes well, I think you just saved me some money.
Any problem you might have with your XCR the answers will be faster and more in depth here than asking RA.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts