XCR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought an XCR from a friend. It had a total of 500 rounds through it and I put another 500 through it. Before I fired those 500 rounds(Wolf Premimum brass) I cleaned and oiled it up. About once or twice every 60 rounds it jams. What happends is the bolt feeds the round properly but when I pull the trigger it just clicks and nothing happends. When I pull the charging handle it is stuck rock solid! I have to tug on it with all I got several times to open it. When I finally get it open it ejects the shell and there is no strike on the primer. So I reload the shell and it fires fine the 2nd time.

Any idea what the problem is.............Many thanks!!!!

·
Registered
636 Posts
I also posted this on AR15.com

Yeah, that also happened to me too. I had Wolf (Black Box). What I did was clean the chamber really really good. Also the bolt. Check you gas setting. Which gas block do U have? When I had my problem I had the OLD gas block. I upgraded to the new gas block and I have not had an issue with it since. I am still using that same case of ammo today. And oddly enough I have NOT cleaned it sense and that was about 1000 rounds ago. I have used Wolf and IMI. Also U would want to post this on xcrforum.com ---( Ignore last sentence.)

It's a great weapon don't give up on it.
Terra @ RobArm can help U out a lot. -----------(OK, You can now ignore this line.)

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Firstly, check your shells. Are you punching any primers? You most likely have an unchamfered bolt.
Hi Terra,
Not sure if you remember me but you IM'ed me on AR15.com pretty much talked me into buying the XCR and I'm glad I did! It is a very cool rifle!

Not 100% sure what "punching" primers is but I di have a few really weard markes on the primer/brass. I'll get some pictures up tonight if I have time.....if not very soon!
Many thanks for the help!!!!!! ;D

·
Registered
5,177 Posts
Punching primers is where the firing pin actually pulls a chunk out of the primer. Instead of a regular indentation there is a hole punched through.
Take a look and let me know.

and yes, I remember you. :)

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hi Terra,
OK here are a few pictures. These 1st several pictures are of a shell that jamed(the one on the left). It has some weard marks and indentations on the sides of the primer. The firing pin mark is not real deep. The other 2 shells to the right are normal but still have shallow firing pin strikes compaired to my RRA AR and my AK's. Sorry for the poor pictures....not good at upclose stuff:

Here is a couple pictures of a round that jamed and was stuck solid like the above shell but I never tried to fire it a 2nd time....saved it for the picture. It has the same marks and very light primer strike:

Here is my bolt from different angles:

Hopefully this helps you! Please let me know if you need any more info to help solve my XCR's problem. Thanks a lot!!!!!

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
IF AN OVER-SIZED CASING ENTERS THE CHAMBER YOU WILL HAVE TWO EFFECTS. (1) STUCK CASING (2) LIGHT PRIMER STRIKE, BECAUSE THE CASING IS TO FAR FORWARD. = BAD AMMO

·
Registered
5,177 Posts
If you have good eyes, take a close look at the edge of the hole around the tip of the firing pin. Is it a straight edge or is the a 45 degree angle cut on it? You might need a magnifying glass to tell.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I'll check and report back tonight. Do you know why some of the shells around the primer get all dented up like in the pictures? Thanks!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Hi Terra,
Ok I looked at the hole the firing pin comes out of and it is straight. I see no bevel to it at all.
Could that little detail be causing my jams?

·
Registered
5,177 Posts
Yes, it very well could. You can either send it in to me to be chamfered, or do it yourself. It needs to be at a 45 degree angle. if you have a small drill bit or something that will do the trick, you're more than welcome to. If you are not comfortable doing so, I can do it for you.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts