XCR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
5,623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First off,I want to say no disrespect to the families affected by this tragedy,and that my sympathies go out to them.What I want to know is why a P.O.S. like this (and many others) have the "nerve" to fire on defensless bystanders,but wind up killing themselves...I mean W.T.F? Don't ya got the stones to at least go out in a fight? I never understood random shootings anyway,I mean damn,shooting someone your P.O.ed at would at least be somewhat understandable,but innocent people? I'm not condoning shooting someone who pissed you off,just trying to figure out what would motivate some one to do this.I wonder how long the left will take to wave this as a banner for AWBII.The phone interview I heard on Fox this morning with the chief in one of the towns involved in the shootout with this spineless crackpot said he thought that it appeared to be "automatic gunfire from an AK47/M16 type weapon".I'm just wondering if it was a semi-auto or an illegally modified weapon,or if we'll ever find out! ??? :duh: :'(

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,508507,00.html

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
I never understood random shootings anyway,I mean damn,shooting someone your P.O.ed at would at least be somewhat understandable,but innocent people? I'm not condoning shooting someone who pissed you off,just trying to figure out what would motivate some one to do this.
When the person is as mentally deranged as this man, they don't really follow reason. People who go on spree shootings like this are probably pissed off at everyone...

Compare the international reports (not the ones that are simply reprints of US news) to the US news. Do you guys notice any differences? I thought I did, but I wanted corroboration.

·
Registered
1,192 Posts

·
Registered
5,623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I honestly think some of these idiots are looking for their 15 minutes,deceased or not,they get their name in the news.I think the media should report this stuff one time and that's it.They keep going on and on about these incidents which I think prompts similar actions by others.

·
Registered
571 Posts
I honestly think some of these idiots are looking for their 15 minutes,deceased or not,they get their name in the news.I think the media should report this stuff one time and that's it.They keep going on and on about these incidents which I think prompts similar actions by others.
I agree. I've long felt that the media is partially at fault here. Yes, they should report the news, but every time something like this happens they just sensationalize it to the extreme. Look at what happened with the guy at Virginia Tech; he wanted to be remembered forever and he knew that if he killed enough people the media would make that happen.

Then again, I feel like a lot of these media people are the same ones that want to take all the guns away anyway, so it fits their agenda. :2cents:

·
Registered
5,623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Then again, I feel like a lot of these media people are the same ones that want to take all the guns away anyway, so it fits their agenda.
Hammer,meet nail.You sir smacked the nail right between the ears. ;D

·
Registered
5,623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Dang it,I've been looking but I can't find out what weapon was used in the crime.Maybe it hasn't been released yet.I'm just wondering if it was an illegal machine gun conversion or what.I keep hearing references of burst fire.I would hope the sheriff would know the difference,but then again he was the one being shot at and maybe it just scared the poo out of him so bad he thought it was full auto fire.Anyone find anything please post.

·
Registered
571 Posts
I remember rolling my eyes at the original article I read that just said "an automatic weapon", thinking it was probably just a semi-auto AR/AK but they wanted it to sound more "evil".

A co-worker here read another article that said it was an AK47, but it didn't state whether the weapon was actually full-auto capable.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I thought this quote from the NY Times was instructive of the media/political situation now. Even the NY Times implies that gun laws make zero difference for these kinds of incidents. Maybe this is a very small shift in the debate.

This teenage guy killed at least 16 people over three hours yesterday, apparently with a pistol. Not exactly fodder for another AWB here. In fact, maybe just to opposite.

NY Times: "The attack left the country, which despite strong gun controls has seen several devastating school attacks in recent years, struggling to understand the carnage."

We'll see.

·
Registered
5,623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
This teenage guy killed at least 16 people over three hours yesterday, apparently with a pistol. Not exactly fodder for another AWB here. In fact, maybe just to opposite.
I had similar thoughts.It's a terrible tragedy,but it's extremely weird how it happened and at the same time in history.It make a very interesting counterpoint to people bitching about "lax American gunlaws".

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
What I want to know is why a P.O.S. like this (and many others) have the "nerve" to fire on defensless bystanders,but wind up killing themselves...I mean W.T.F? Don't ya got the stones to at least go out in a fight?
Obviously they do not. If they had the guts to go out in a fight, they would shoot at armed cops, not defenseless men, women and children.
I wonder how long the left will take to wave this as a banner for AWBII.
I'm surprised they haven't already. The frequency of such incidents has increased along with the increase in the number of semi-auto assault rifles in civilian hands.
The phone interview I heard on Fox this morning with the chief in one of the towns involved in the shootout with this spineless crackpot said he thought that it appeared to be "automatic gunfire from an AK47/M16 type weapon".I'm just wondering if it was a semi-auto or an illegally modified weapon...
I haven't heard which, but I'd wager it was a semi-auto.

·
Registered
5,623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Obviously they do not. If they had the guts to go out in a fight, they would shoot at armed cops, not defenseless men, women and children.
Obviously,but I was being sarcastic.
I'm surprised they haven't already. The frequency of such incidents has increased along with the increase in the number of semi-auto assault rifles in civilian hands.
Agreed.
I haven't heard which, but I'd wager it was a semi-auto.
Me either,still looking.I keep hearing reports of "automatic gunfire",so who knows until they release more information.I doubt the likelyhood it was either,but it's possible it was something illegally converted.

·
Registered
3,296 Posts
I doubt it has anything to do with the media. These folks are not glamorized but despised. That's not the kind of attention anyone wants.

Personally, I think this is a modern manifestation of a very old phenomenon. The Javanese have a word for it -- amok. A man (always a man, never a woman) who has never shown any violent tendencies suddenly flies into an insane rage, takes a weapon and kills everyone in his path. It's pretty well known in other cultures, too.

The thought is that it's a response by someone who feels that the world has turned on him and demeaned him, and a way of reestablishing that he is powerful, has status and is someone to be reckoned with. I read an article once that described the characteristics of a society that was vulnerable to such acts, and it included a culture that had a mythos that glorified battle and the courage of individuals in battle.

I don't think these folks are insane by any meaningful standard: They absolutely know what they're doing. They simply work themselves up into a state where they become consumed by their own rage and lash out at anyone in their path.

tk

·
Registered
449 Posts

·
Registered
5,623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I read that too somewhere,but it still doesn't relate wether they were altered or not.

·
Registered
449 Posts
Bog standard semi auto IS an evil baby killer assault weapon ( :duh: ), only "modification" was having 2 mags locked together.

The press just regurgitates the same spiel out of simple ignorance

·
Registered
5,623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Trust me,I know all too well the bullshit spew from the liberal press.It would be interesting if he did use an illegally modified weapon because at least we could argue that it wasn't semiautomatic.I know to some it wouldn't matter,but it would still be fact.

·
Registered
5,623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
http://www.officer.com/web/online/Top-News-Stories/Will-The-Killing-Of-Three-Alabama-Officers-Bring-The-Second-Amendment-Under-Fire/1$14083

Read that if you want to get pissed off.I could comment on all the ignorant rhetoric,but I'm afraid if I read it again I might get sick.Typical BS.

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
This is a very SICK world we are living in. Just take God and Prayer out of schools and everything that they can and this is what we are getting.
There is no "right or wrong" only "different decisions", which are supposed
to be respected by everyone. We have sewn the Wind and we are reaping
a Whirlwind! I don't think this is going to get any better until it gets a lot worse...

First off,I want to say no disrespect to the families affected by this tragedy,and that my sympathies go out to them.What I want to know is why a P.O.S. like this (and many others) have the "nerve" to fire on defensless bystanders,but wind up killing themselves...I mean W.T.F? Don't ya got the stones to at least go out in a fight? I never understood random shootings anyway,I mean damn,shooting someone your P.O.ed at would at least be somewhat understandable,but innocent people? I'm not condoning shooting someone who pissed you off,just trying to figure out what would motivate some one to do this.I wonder how long the left will take to wave this as a banner for AWBII.The phone interview I heard on Fox this morning with the chief in one of the towns involved in the shootout with this spineless crackpot said he thought that it appeared to be "automatic gunfire from an AK47/M16 type weapon".I'm just wondering if it was a semi-auto or an illegally modified weapon,or if we'll ever find out! ??? :duh: :'(

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,508507,00.html

1 - 20 of 21 Posts