XCR Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I now own a XCR

Ok, 1st I got this weapon from my brother, long story, I called in a loan for a sizeable amount that he owed me for over a year and he couldn't pay. So now i own a XCR, and i think he is paid in full, well he is, i just don't know if I made out or not.

He bought it new in june of 2007 from someone named kermit. From reading here it is a xcr light, he said a 1-9 barrel. It has a folding skeleton stock, a eotech sight and ft and rear flip up iron sights, it has a rail cover and 2 what I'd call rail fillers. A single point sling and 5 magpul mags and the factory mag. I think that is it.

Now it has never been shot. So he owed me $1500, I have this gun and figure I might as well shoot it up. But before I do, i have read about the new gas valve, and trigger. Do I need those? What do i need to do to break this in? What kind of ammo use i use? How many rounds to break it in and how do I clean it?

I use to have a 9mm hi point carbine, but that was more then a few years ago and it was really a cheap thing. I do own a XD9 that i bought from him a while ago and have shot that, but not alot, maybe 600 rounds in less then a year.

I think he posted some pictures here a while ago, he made a case for it from a Fender guitar case and posted them here, so some of you might have seen it. He told me about this forum since he isn't real happy that i wanted my money and took the gun when he couldn't pay.

So ahy help you all can give me I'd appreciate it. Oh you think i did ok on my $1500?

·
Registered
2,142 Posts
Re: Hi all, I now own a XCR

Welcome. I think you did ok on the $1500.
The new gas valve is nice, but you don't need it.
A new trigger (not out yet) and / or trigger job are nice, but not necessary.
The manual should have some instructions for cleaning.
300 rounds is the suggested break in. Keep it well lubed during this time.
Did you get the Fender guitar case with it?

·
Registered
447 Posts

I'd say more than ok, you got some interest too.

I'd also recommend keeping an eye on the ejector bolts during break-in just in case they loosen up. I think this problem has been taken care of on recent rifles, but yours might need some loctite if they loosen.

·
Registered
491 Posts

Rifle and EoTech with BUIS for $1500 - a very good deal. Shoot the hell out of it.

·
Registered
2,200 Posts

You got a VERY good deal. DON'T use Wolf during the 300 round breakin period. You can call RobArms (Terra should be able to help) to verify serial # and IF is the old or new gas system. If it IS the old system, you only need to upgrade if changing calibers, etc. :2cents: Get some Militech1 and lube hell out of it. Refer the post on breakin/lune. ;D >:D After you shoot it I suggest you send it off to Bill to get the trigger corrected. Bills address, ect., are on another post. Visit the RobArms website as they have videos covering what you need to know about your new "best friend." Welcome to the forum. ;D ;D ;D

·
Registered
3,296 Posts

no joke. 25% interest

tk

·
Registered
2,031 Posts

He's your *brother*, man... cut him a break. Give him his Eotech back. That would be fair. Unless you just don't like him. :)

If a Hipoint carbine is the only other long gun you've owned, I think you'll be quite pleased with the XCR.

·
Registered
312 Posts

Your the 3rd owner and the rifle has never been fired? Poor gun. :'(
I'm kidding and welcome to XCR's.

Actually, I have quite a few weapons that I've never fired. I just keep buying more & more. Hopefully I'll get some range time at the ARFCom shootfest this sunday.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

Thanks all. It is good to know I did ok on this. As to giving hin the EOT back, he can have the whole thig back for $1500, other then that, he ain't gettina naything back!

Yea i got the Fender case too! LOL, that thing is pretty cool. I know the gun has the old gas block, it has to be changed with a wrench.

And i am the 2nd owner, he bought it new from a dealer named kermit. I guess the guy is pretty good on these xcr's and a good guy to deal with from what my brother said.

I will be gettig it to the "pit" pretty soon and run those 300 rounds through it.

One more thing, is one of thos "bore" lazers that fit in the end of the barrel good enough to sight that EOT and the irons in with?? I can pick one of them up at Cabella's for $35.00.

Oh and yea that hi-point 9 mm carbine was it other then a few shotguns when we were kids hunting rabbits.

·
Registered
32 Posts

Laser boresighters are nice only to drop the first round on target ... not zeroed in.

You will likely have to make a few adjustments on your sight after the initial boresighting, but at least you'll be close.

You should be able to get away without using a boresighter at all. You could begin at ... let's say 25 yards (or farther) ... get it real close ... then zero it in at 50 or farther.

Here's where I get ridiculous :p I stumbled across these plans for a bench rest table:
http://www.aeroaces.com/bench1.htm
http://www.boogerbench.com/

This is a VERY informative website and also has a set of plans:
http://www.larrywillis.com/shootingbench.html

I ended up making this. The legs detach and are stored under the table top for easy storage.

I ended up getting one of these cheapos, but it actually works real well. The best deal is @ http://www.foxvalleyfirearms.com/pro...roducts_id=217

·
Registered
1,284 Posts

Cool post RandyStacyE, I've been getting tired of my flimsey store bought bench.That wwwlarywillis is one heavy duty mother, will be making one soon!!!! THANKS, TEXAS

1 - 16 of 16 Posts