XCR Forum banner

High Mileage XCR's

3K views 12 replies 8 participants last post by  Ranly 
#1 ·
I know we have a few members here with high-round-count XCR's, so why not a thread for posting pics of of them. Post pics to show what parts are holding up well and what parts are showing wear, are broken and/or need replacement, along with your round count and rounds since cleaning.

#5 ·
Makes me wonder.... The XCR has a nice reputation already as being extremely reliable. I've read several people on this forum mention that they have had X number of rounds through it without cleaning and so forth. I wonder if the reliability of the weapon will contribute to wearing of its internals. I mean no matter what your talking about its still going to wear faster/slower depending on how well you take care of it. So say person A with an XCR only cleans his weapon ever 1000 rounds, and person B with Mr. M16 cleans his every hundred or so, cause he knows damn well it wont work very well if he lets it go to fare. Do you think the internals of the XCR would wear faster than the M16?

#8 ·
Mine is like Terra said ,i stopped counting on the older one a long time ago.
They will out last your Wallet in 223 i will say that.
On my internals the Metal looks fine ,the finish is long gone but that's about it.
The Alloy in the receiver is now just a fine polish , no gaulding our anything like that.
It has the old gas block ,set at 2 , and is still my rifle of choice.
Because it works!!!

#9 ·
Pius: It is not a fair comparison if you put the internals of an XCR up against the internals of an AR because they are two different beasts regardless of which one you clean and which one you run dirty. The only way to compare is to shoot two XCRs, one cleaned at intervals and one dirty. Both rifles must have the same gas block (newer or older), run on the same setting, and run the same amount and type of ammo through both. Then you can get an accurate picture of internal wear.

MadDog ???

#12 ·
I saw that rifle when I picked mine up back in 2006, Alex said it has thousands of rounds through it at the time and it looked almost new to me. It had the normal wear you get on the internals but it didn't look like it had been to hell and back. In fact, if I remember correctly it was wearing a 7.62x39 barrel with some franken-mag. That was the rifle he used to show me how easy it was to change calibers.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.