XCR Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
512 Posts
I found this article ,and another regarding this . I like this soldiers statement and it is being quoted elsewhere.

I know that when I'm shooting at someone I want to be confident that when I hit him, he's going to go down," the Special Forces operator said during a recent interview. "That's why I like the AK and its 7.62 round. It'll drop whatever you're aiming at."

And i have seen reference to this rifle ,so Alex may have the last laugh.

Alex isn't popular , and he isn't a kiss ass, but in reference to the RAV02 one Army Officer said.
Robinson seems to be the only one out there who listens to what a soldier wants in a Combat rifle , and they are always the Company on the forefront in building a working model of such a weapon.

I want to know ,WTF is all this plastic crap all about ? Its like they are getting more stupid all the time !

· Registered
512 Posts
What i don't understand is at a time when the soldiers are crying out for a steel rifle , these company's go from alloy to plastic ??
Weight ?? that dosent mean anything if you are to dead to worry about your steel rifle being to heavy ,when your alloy or plastic rifle screwed up.

· Registered
512 Posts
Steel receivers are even faster than alloy to assemble ,if the assembly is robotic.
But you would need a lot of Machinery ,and a huge order to invest in that.
Plastic of course is the alternative ,but i cant think of where a plastic rifle has ever been really proven in combat ,can any of you guys think of one ?
I think the goal here was to lighten up the weapon so the Soldier could carry more of the high tech electronics needed today.
Ultimately it will come down to making the Soldier fit the weapon and not the reverse ,like the high tech suites you see in video games today.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.