XCR Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone had any experience with Rainier c4 rail mounted sights or Hayes research style sights? The Rainier's appear to be the same hight as a standard BUIS. The Hayes are lower and it would appear to give you a mp5 and or a sig 550 type sight picture. I have a ACOG TA31 RCO and do not want the sights to co-witness with the scope. The Hayes web site has been down for months and I have nnot been able to locate a set. Has anyone tried these sights?

·
Registered
18 Posts
I actually have Centurion C4 sights on mine. They're pretty nice.. The main gripe I have about them is the need for an HK sight tool to adjust them. They also sit at standard AR sight height vs. the lower HK 416 sights. I do like the sight picture though. The large round front sight and hood is very fast to pick up and center.

Scroll down a bit, and you'll seen mine.
http://xcrforum.com/index.php/topic,5.225.html

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Are they the same as the Rainier c4? I going to buy a set but I do not want them to interfere with the scope. How much lower are the 416 in comparison to yours?

·
Registered
18 Posts
TRP,

Yeah, the sights are the exact same as the Rainier ones. Honestly, I couldn't tell you the exact specs on the actual 416 sights. Maybe someone with first hand knowledge of them could enlighten us. I have only seen the 416s in pictures.. I believe the customer gallery on robarm.com has pics of a rifle with them mounted on it. If I had to guess based on my Mk1 Mod 0 eyeball.. I'd say about a 1/2" difference. The C4 sights are standard AR height and you can use either sight with any other AR sight. With regard to your scope and possible interference.. The best I could say that if you have a flat top AR or AR sights mounted on your XCR and THEY interfere w/ your scope, than these will interfere as well.

Hope that helps!

Christian

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I just put a set of HK416 sites on. They are awesome. They are the perfect height and offer a better site picture. They a 1/4 of an inch shorter than ar rail mounted sites. if anyone is looking for a set e-mail Adam at [email protected]

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hey TRPO...

If you don't mind me asking, how much did you pay for those sights?? And how 'bout some pics?? ;D

-Christian

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
$275. I am not sure how to post pic's. If you gone on the robarm web site the last pic in the customer guns section is an XCR with Hk sites.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts