XCR Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well Bite My Tongue!!! My son came home from the gun show with a $200.00 "Holographic 551 Weapon site with BOTH Circle red dot or green dot. He plans to put it on his Airsoft M-16 lookalike. It seems to be a quality made "lookalike" and time will tell if it can stand up to his airsoft games abuse. Go to [email protected] to check it (or a shitload of other goodies) at rock bottom prices. If you flat don't have the cash to spend on the expensive model this would be a good place to start. Hope this site is a help to all. Gunner69 :duh:

·
Registered
449 Posts

·
Registered
712 Posts
Oh Shit !!

Please don't tell me people are putting AirSoft Accessories on Combat Rifles.

like Bald Tires in the snow.

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
No it's NOT made for Air Soft. My son Shoots my AR in 6.8, my Robinson M96, and my XCR, all of which are equipped with E0Tech's. He wanted to use the one off the AR on his AirSoft AR. I told him HELL NO, unless you want to buy your own. He couldn't afford the real McCoy so bought the lookalike bargain. I just showed him the ebay post and now he is pissed. Ha Ha on him. If it takes a likkin' and keeps on tickin' I may put one on my Ruger 10-22.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Makes me sick to my stomach seeing all that blatant patent infringement crap coming out of China. What really boils my blood is that Ebay allows these thieves to sell their garbage so they can make a buck. Being anti-gun Ebay will stick it to the firearms industry however they can. Talk about putting sand in the vasoline and not even courteous enough for a reach around.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have one of the $89.00 red dots on an FS2000. With the low mount, I can co witness the stock iron sights thru it. This is my second one, the switch was bad on the first one and they exchanged it with no problem. I'll see how it holds up, the FS2000's recoil pulse seems harder on optics than does AR's. If it lasts it well worth the money.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Sounds like he bought the high end HFC Etech which is a very good copy of the real Eotech. It will take just as much abuse as the real one. We tested some of these along with some high end Aimpoint copies. We threw them down stair wells, off roof tops, droped them into 10' deep pools and fired thousands of round with them. The dang things did not break or lose their zeroing. About the only draw back is your battery life which runs about 100-150 hrs.

Most people do not know that many of the high end airsoft accessories are actually designed for use on real guns. Many of the manufactures supply military contracts in their give counties for sighting systems and other items.

How do they get away with this? The sights are slightly out of spec with the real thing in regards to diamensions, and the electrical system is different.

The best copies are made by:

G&P - for Aimpoint copies. (about $85-$95)
HFC - for Eotech copies. (about $150-$200)
UTG is "Leapers" / "Swatforce" ($35-$95)

Some good sources for these sight are:
Airsoftgi.com
Evike.com

These are two of the largest airsoft stores in the U.S.

P.S. Althought these work really well for the Sat. afternoon of plinking, I would not put them on a rifle my life depended on.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts