XCR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/crime/2009/02/11/marino.home.invasion.KVOA

Had this man not been armed and prepared he would probably be dead or in the hospital. A very graphic reminder that defending yourself means having a GUN and the WILL to do so.

Please send this to anyone who thinks guns should be kept out of the hands of law abiding citizens defending life and property.

:patriot:

·
Registered
6,835 Posts
Good for him. Too bad he didn't kill them.

·
Registered
5,623 Posts
I would say looking at where those rounds were impacting on the windshield the driver had to get ventilated.Maybe not fatally,but damn that was some serious incoming ...OUCH...LMAO...serves the bastards right.Dude,that takes some serious stone doing what they were in broad daylight!! They looked like gangbangers...makes you wonder what the homeowner had they wanted?

·
Registered
503 Posts
I would say looking at where those rounds were impacting on the windshield the driver had to get ventilated.Maybe not fatally,but damn that was some serious incoming ...OUCH...LMAO...serves the bastards right.Dude,that takes some serious stone doing what they were in broad daylight!! They looked like gangbangers...makes you wonder what the homeowner had they wanted?
I'd also add-that looked like the difference in being practiced vs. hoping for divine intervention.

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
He should not have done anything but call the cops and wait the 2 frickin' minutes for them to show up instead of taking the law into his own hands. >:D ::)

·
Registered
6,531 Posts
Where I live it takes the cops about 15-30 minutes to arrive, if i'm lucky.

·
Registered
5,623 Posts
Just in time to tag em' and bag em' ...thank's boys! ;D

·
Registered
327 Posts
Yeah here in Tulsa earlier this week, someone broke into a house in north Tulsa no less, the home owner shot and killed the teen who was trying to rob him and his family. It is under investigation at this time but the home owner was n the right to defend his family and property. Stupid meth heads looking for their next fix. The police think that if the home owner had not shot the teen he would have been in danger of losing his life...

·
Registered
49 Posts
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090209/ap_on_re_us/border_spillover_violence Looks like this video confirms that article.

Several things about that attack make me wonder why the home owner was targeted. broad daylight, 4 man team, rifle and various handguns, Tuscon(border town), security cameras(nothing wrong with that but most people don't have them). Well anyways there's my blabbing on about it! ;D

·
Premium Member
6,143 Posts
Yes it is. If you think about it, typically a big residential area will be largely empty during the week in the day time. Most everyone is at work or school.

That is kind of an odd coincidence that he had security cameras set up and saw them. Did it look to anyone else like the guy with the rifle was trying to cover his face on the way in?

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
327 Posts
All I have to say to the guys that tried..

·
Registered
354 Posts
Well... Anyone who has a complete security camera system obviously has some valuables.

It's not hard for a criminal to drive down a suburb, notice the place that has cameras and realize "Damn they must have some nice shit in there" and then plan an attack later.

Also, I have the same problem as MickeyC.

I live 3 miles outside of town, thus outside the jurisdiction of the city police, so I have to wait for the County Sheriff to show up, which would probably take over 20 minutes.

In any case, depending on the police for your protection is a RETARDED idea.
In 2 minutes one kid can take a pistol and kill 10+ other children in a school.

Now, if the police can't protect children in a PUBLIC BUILDING why would they be able to protect you in your home?

Ok, that'll be the end of my rant now. :-X

·
Registered
3,296 Posts
I wonder if there isn't a little more to this story, though. These guys rolled up and were out of the car quickly, but the homeowner was on them even quicker. It was almost like he was waiting for 'em.

But if there's anything fishy going on, the police aren't talking.

tk

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
It seems there is a little more to the story. I heard an interview with some of the local law enforcement and the said the perps were almost certainly from Mexico with a strong drug connection. The sheriff indicated that this was not a random event.They said the homeowner evidently had some sort of narcotics connection. They didn't state anything further.

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Regardless of the circumstances behind all of this, I applaud the man for defending himself against FOUR attackers.

He reacted swiftly, without hesitation and with deadly intent.

I believe in the simple principle - WHEN AMBUSED, ATTACK YOUR WAY OUT

Better to die on your feet than on your knees.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Yeah here in Tulsa earlier this week, someone broke into a house in north Tulsa no less, the home owner shot and killed the teen who was trying to rob him and his family. It is under investigation at this time but the home owner was n the right to defend his family and property. Stupid meth heads looking for their next fix. The police think that if the home owner had not shot the teen he would have been in danger of losing his life...
He's in Oklahoma, the only state that recognizes the "he had it comin' " defense. I'm thinking this guys in the clear ;)

As for the video, that is terrifying to think of 4 guys invading your home in daylight that well armed. Nice to see someone able to respond appropriately.

·
Registered
6,531 Posts
If you put up a bunch of cameras that are easy to spot you're basically telling someone to come and rob you because you have somethnig of value to protect. Overt defenses act as a sign saying "hey, rob me". Perhaps this guy would have been better served to not present his home as a target. Either way, nice response.

·
Registered
2,839 Posts
Hopefully the home owner had a round with good auto glass penetration.

Scumbags deserve bullet holes all day, everyday

1 - 20 of 30 Posts