XCR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got my XCR-L in 5.56 and love it.
Now it is time for me to get a new 308 by the end of the year or sooner.

It seems that both Robinson and FN are promising their version this year.
Who will win? Who can make them fast enough?

I was thinking about getting a FAL but now I have to wait.

What does everybody else think.

·
Registered
6,531 Posts
I'm in the same boat, but I'll probably end up getting the SCAR-H. I've been waiting so long for the XCR-M and improvements to the XCR platfrom in general that I might just go with a clean sheet like the SCAR. My DSA FAL has been great and my old issue L1A1 never let me down. In fact all my current FN products have been perfect and the issued weapons, L1A1, M240 etc have shown their quality also.

The XCR-M could be interesting though. I like the quick change barrel, but the SCAR has this also. I'm not so sure about the grip safety as it limits grip options and is another fiddly gimmick to be a pain in the ass.

I think it's wait and see then go with what grabs you.

·
Registered
636 Posts
For me it is the XCR-M or the Kel-Tec RFB.

·
Registered
6,531 Posts
The Keltec is one I want to buy anyway.

·
Registered
431 Posts
I'm in the same boat, but I'll probably end up getting the SCAR-H. I've been waiting so long for the XCR-M and improvements to the XCR platfrom in general that I might just go with a clean sheet like the SCAR. My DSA FAL has been great and my old issue L1A1 never let me down. In fact all my current FN products have been perfect and the issued weapons, L1A1, M240 etc have shown their quality also.

The XCR-M could be interesting though. I like the quick change barrel, but the SCAR has this also. I'm not so sure about the grip safety as it limits grip options and is another fiddly gimmick to be a pain in the ass.

I think it's wait and see then go with what grabs you.
If I remeber right robarm said that was a really early prototype .308 XCR and that it no longer will have the grip saftey...

·
Registered
6,531 Posts
Hopefully so.

·
Registered
6,835 Posts
XCR-M for me, it is shouldn't have the grip safety.

·
Registered
6,531 Posts
SCAR

·
Registered
2,839 Posts
Are their any estimates on the delivery time to civilians for the SCAR heavy or light?
Nothing that isnt speculation. FN was showing off the SCAR H in Utah early this year and we asked about LEO orders and the SCAR H. Lets just say the date we were told has already passed and gone

·
Registered
919 Posts
At the risk of sounding silly, what is the XCR-M exactly? I can't seem to find any literature on it at the XCR sight. Is it just some where between the Light and Heavy barrels or is it a different weapon all together?

·
Registered
2,839 Posts
At the risk of sounding silly, what is the XCR-M exactly? I can't seem to find any literature on it at the XCR sight. Is it just some where between the Light and Heavy barrels or is it a different weapon all together?
XCR-L = Small Caliber carbines like 5.56, and 6.8

XCR-M = 7.62 NATO

XCR-H = ????

·
Registered
347 Posts
I would rather have the XCR-M since it has common controls with XCR-L. To hedge my bets I have FAL's since we don't know if either the XCR-M or SCAR-H will get to market in time.

Terra or Alex-
I can't help but notice that FN designated the SCAR in 308 with a -H, which implies it is the most potent caliber the SCAR will ever see. However the 308 XCR is designated -M. Any plans for a XCR-H in oh say 338 Lapua, 408 Cheytac, or 50BMG :p?

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
o noes! stinkbug fish returns!

[/quote]

If it comes in 308 I'll even endure the stinky cheek :laughposter:

·
Registered
874 Posts
I will be waiting for the XCR-M as the FN-SCAR will not ship to civilians in Canada(seems like no FN guns ever make it civilians in Canada). The Magpul Massoud though on the other hand may. Though I would much rather have a solid metal gun instead of a largely plastic one. I would buy a FAL but they are prohibited in Canada due the fact they are "easily converted to full auto". Stupid rules in Canada anyways. The XCR-M will be the only "Black Rifle" in 308 that is non-restricted/prohibted available to Canadian civilians. I want this rifle to hunt and for target-shooting.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts