XCR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I gotta give props to the Super Court on their recent 2nd ammendment ruling. If I understood it correctly it rocks!!!

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
I believe the desion was 5-4, that means it was wonby ONE vote. Scary if you ask me!!! :2cents:

·
Registered
6,528 Posts
Not really. Look hw many decisions are 5-4. Its a little political.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah that 5-4 was too close. It should have been more cut & dry. But at least they said "the right to bear arms is just that". Now what about the right to arm bears?

·
Registered
447 Posts
We won this battle, but it was too close. We'll lose some of the next ones. Frankly I'm not sure what we'll win.

DC's ban on all semi-autos stands in DC's eyes
Good luck transporting a firearm in DC
They won't approve ranges
Probably will give FFLs a difficult time

Future cases...

Semi-auto ban, assault rifle ban, both we'll lose with this court IMHO.
Full-auto is hopeless
Possession near a school will probably be lost
Possession in a school or government building is lost
Licensing is looking like a loss
Open carry?
Concealed carry is a loss
:(

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Roughneck...

Check out this link and you tell me if your opinion remains the same:

www.mpdc.dc.gov/gunregistration

Although the SC decision provided some good forward motion - there is a LOT left to be interpreted - and interpreted it will be, most likely in ways that are negative to the 2nd Amendment

I applaud ANY and ALL support that the SC has given, but the battle is far from being over.

Check out my detailed post in Politiking:

DC POLICE CHIEF ALREADY PLANNING TO RESTRICT 2ND AMENDMENT RULING

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I just read it all. I'm still glad that they upheld the 2nd ammendment...for now. But DC just sucks! I've never been there. Probably never will. America is starting to become like when I went to Moscow about 14 years ago and got detained many hours while they checked my papers. But they only wanted money. We paid a "fine" and they let us go. At least I understand that. Russia was poor.

Here in GA they just expanded our CCW law so we can carry in more places now. Just no schools, Gov Blds, which I agree with.

On a side note: I was at a friends B-day party just tonight and I got into a conversation with a woman that was totally against all guns. She says since I own a gun I'm planning on killing someone, under the right circumstance. I said yep, to protect my self, my family or even her I would kill someone (meaning bad guys). She just couldn't understand that, stating "That's what the police are for!". Then I corrected myself I said "well, you're right. I wouldn't shoot someone to protect you. Wait for the police" and walked away.
BTW, most of the guys at this party are former military and/or current LEO's. One guy said "yeah, when that call comes in I think I'll be on my doughnut break" Everyone laughed our asses off.

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Roughneck-2zero,

If you ever see this women again remind her that she is equipped to be a prostitute. Then ask her if she is going to become one?

·
Banned
8,010 Posts
One justice was nominated by Ford
2 by Reagan
2 by Bush Sr.
2 by Bush Jr.
2 by Clinton

So score should be 6-3, I guess one of Reagan's boy probably gave the no vote? If anyone know how these guys voted let me know as I am very curious.

In a couple of years, 6 of them will be over 70. I predict in roughly 5 years we will have 6 new justices. God help us all.

·
Registered
512 Posts
Still the problem remains ,4 of them didn't vote correctly.
Its the SCs job to uphold the Constitution ,its is why they even exist.
They in no way should be political ,whether they like it or not it is the way they should vote.
For instance ,say you are a SC justice , CNN says something a lot of people didn't like .
And what they said didn't brake any of the FCC laws ,profanity ,raciest , etc.
You can sit on that bench and agree personally what they said sucked ,and they shouldn't have done it and you hate them also.
But you have got to rule for their right under the 1st Amendment to say it , like it or not .
And if you don't and vote how you really feel you have no business on that Court.
Even as much as i hate CNN , you do your job.
This is how the abortion thing was Passed , and it shows how Liberals play with words.
The Bill of Rights and the Delaration of Independence say ,in certian words ,you are endowed by GOD with certain inalienable rights of life ,liberty ,and the pursuit of happiness, the words were stitched around to mean BORN into these rights.
Notice the word ,BORN , it was used because a fetus isn't born yet .
Thats why the partial birth abortion thing got so heated ,some Doctors were pulling the fetus out of the womb ,then crushing its skull.
Now they have certain guide lines in doing this ,because in doing it the other way ,it was Murder for sure.
Sorry i had to go look up that ruleing and change this ,because ,,Born ,,was a result of the picking apart they did in this case. But i did remember it was in the end ,the word the Liberals were useing.

·
Registered
6,528 Posts
I saw a program covering this on BBC America and a woman from George Washington University summed it up. She said there had been some case where a person was claiming that the police was there to protect them and the police won with the argument that they were there to protect society at large and not to protect any one individual. Well....if the police aren;t there to protect an individual, who is...? The answer...the individual has a right to protect themselves. Why does the left think that it is ok for Police to have firearms to protect themselves from violent crimminals, but not ok for a civillian to do so?

Answer that Barak, Clinton et all?

·
Registered
512 Posts
I had a Lawyer years ago that was one of the few good ones.
She told me the Law University's used to teach the law in conjunction with the Constitution.
Now they teach law to get around the Constitution.
She said her Professors were not Liberal ,they were Marxist ,and the Holy Grail to them was that someone would poke holes in the Constitution so badly ,it would render it a useless Document.
The Teachers actually felt it was an out dated Document and was the principal cause of all the problems this country ever had.
That it was keeping people in a false state of beliefs blinding them to the reality of a real society.
She had to act like she agreed or she would have failed law school.
And we wonder why our Government is so messed up ,over 96% of them are Lawyers who know how to lie ,and stretch the truth.
And this thinking is spreading down into the lower schools ,and into the general public.
Evidence of this is ,why would any thinking person vote for Obama ?
Or people who own a Deer Rifle or a 22 pistol think that this SC case doesn't include them.
Like the people who believe this Police Chief , that taking guns ,and getting more cops ,along with you giving up a few rights is going to protect you.
The only way that would work is a Nazi type police state ,which is what they are working toward.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
This is not a new problem. Wasn't it Shakespeare that said, "first, we kill all lawyers".
I have a friend who is a very good and clever criminal lawyer and he is a staunch supporter of gun rights. He is an avid shooter and he owns many AR-15's and has suppressors. One of few.

·
Registered
6,528 Posts
Different people have different wants. Poorer city dwellers tend to move towards democrats becuase they promise to tax the rich and provide lots of stuff free, like healthcare etc...

Some rich people tend to like democrats because they are wealthy to the point that democratic values won't actually affect them too much.

What gets me with the gun isuse is that new laws only hurt the law abiding. They don't stop gun related crime, they don't make crimminals stop carrying guns and if anything weaken the stance of the law abiding. I've never worked out how they justify gun ownership restrictions.

Look at the UK, total pistol ban, semi-auto rifle ban, magazine limits and hevy restrictions on gun ownership, use and capabilities....crime is up. Go figure.

·
Registered
512 Posts
Mickey ,My Aunt lives in England ,the increase in crime you stated is correct.
Gruesome crime is the crime of Choice now ,and the weapon of choice is the Claw Hammer.
Its simple for the Robber ,no fear of guns ,hide and wait until you walk by ,then sneak up behind you and crush your skull.
In fact this turns more profit than using a gun !!
Knives ,swords ,and stabbing deaths make England only 2nd to Japan in these type Murders.
In fact Japan has the Highest murder rate in the world for a Civilized Nation ,followed by England ,America is 5th even including gun violence.
The Kill Bill Movies were silly ,but correct in the numbers killed by Gang warfare.
Why have we not heard this ? Because a Country that prides itself on installing the Bee Hive mentality into its citizens doesn't want you to know this ,the same with England in achieving this goal. ,with them it is no longer an agenda ,its maintaining it.
In America it is still an agenda.
These lofty Liberals with there self proclaimed Monarchy's could care less if we ,the un washed masses shoot each other.
They know that a gun makes a Person feel in some way in control of their destiny ,and safety. In a world where History and current news reports tell about the fates of those without a gun ,and are considered only an Insect to those with guns who are Agenda motivated ,and could wipe them out at any time.
The instinct of self survival and individual expression is as primeval an instinct as that of protecting your child.
In that instinct Also lays the knowledge that Humans are born with no physical means of Defense .Only our Brain set us aside from the Creatures that other wise would have killed us.
A gun culminates that defense to its highest level , and a good little worker Bee cant be distracted by this , and its entire existence is to serve its masters in order to maintain the Society.
I have a ex Liberal friends who have fell from Olympia ,one day they voiced something the Gods didn't like ,they told me this is how the Educated ones feel.
And how they think of us.

·
Banned
8,010 Posts
you two should get a room or something :D preaching to the choir here, why don't you go on DU and debate with those guys 8)

·
Registered
6,528 Posts
I used to live there. Had to give up my guns. Fuck'em.

They just banned knives in Scotland because people were getting stabbed in crime. The government there has no idea, unfortunately neither do the Democrats.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Ya' realize that the Gov can stop us from shooting without banning any firearms. They could easily place a 1000% tax on guns, ammo, accessories, reloading supplies & equipment etc. Everything gun related. Then they could close down public ranges and tax/ or license fee the hell out of private Gun Ranges so they will close. These would all be legal. :-[

We would have nothing to shoot and no where to shoot. The 2nd ammendment says we have a right to own firearms, but not neccesarilly give us a way or place to shoot them.

·
Registered
6,528 Posts
As long as you can still shoot the prick trying to hurt you, then its not too bad.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts