XCR Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Start a new category for reloading? It seems to be a growing trend for a lot of people and an economic solution as we've all seen the ammo prices go up as if they were gold. I'd like to learn and I've already seen the offers from some of you guys who know exactly what you're doing to help.

·
Registered
923 Posts
Re: How do we...

I think it is something Lex would have to add

·
Premium Member
1,045 Posts

If there is enough conversation about this I'll add a subforum. Otherwise you can just post in the XCR Light subforum in the particular caliber you are thinking about reloading.

·
Registered
332 Posts

I'd be all for a reloading section. There definitely seems to be alot of conversation about it, it just tends to be scattered between the different caliber sections.

I'm in the same boat as you, i have a friend who's agreed to let me use his equipment and i've ordered brass, bullets, powder and primers for 1000 rounds of 5.56 to try it out and see if i want to get further into it.

Good Luck!

·
Registered
110 Posts

I would definitely like a reloading section. I am starting to get the equipment together to get into reloading and I am sure I will have questions along the way but do not want to clutter up other areas of the forum with a bunch of stupid newbie reloading questions.

·
Registered
327 Posts

Yeah I am also thinking about getting into the reloading ammo, so a sub forum on just that content would be good. It would also put all he info in a central location instead of spread out among the caliber treads.

·
Registered
3,296 Posts

There are quite a few folks here who reload, and it's muc more convenient to have all the reloading info in one spot, rather than broken down by caliber.

tk

·
Registered
60 Posts
I reload for all of my firearms (except for my 22 lr). It's not for everyone, but it does have it's good points. I really don't save a whole lot of money reloading, but I always have ammo to shoot. I am always looking for more reloading info, components and gadgets. These forums have really been useful tools in that regard. I really like this forum and spend more time reading post here than anywhere else. If there is enough interest in such a category I think it would be a worthwhile addition. My XCR likes the Varmint extreme 55gr soft points offered by Midsouth Shooters. The cost is comparable to FMJ bullets, and they work great on pest out on the farm, and really blow the hell out of plastic soda bottles filled with water.

·
Premium Member
1,045 Posts

·
Registered
3,296 Posts
EXCELLENT!!

many thanks

tk

·
Registered
6,835 Posts