XCR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This question is posed to the XCR peeps. How many XCR-L rifles are out there? I know you guys are selling them as quickly as you can make them, so I am curious as to the number that you guys have roughly produced. Are we talking tens of thousands, 100,000, or what?

·
Registered
5,623 Posts
Re: How many XCR out there

The last I heard from Terra was somewhere between 3 and 4 thousand.It's basically a custom built rifle,not to mention they are a small shop.
EDIT: Sorry Terra didn't look before I posted.We must have been responding at the same time.

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

lol 100,000? I only wish. We are just shy of the 4000 mark and counting.
Is the demand not high enough to increase your size? Also, what kind of money does it take to open up a shop, say like in here in VA, to begin producing them? If you need help in growing your capacity I may be interested in discussing this. I have a few connections that could come in handy. ;)

·
Registered
5,071 Posts

A lot of licenses and standards to meet. OSHA, ATF, IRS, secure storage, insurance, etc, etc. That's just scraping the surface. Staying smaller means you have tighter control over the product your name is on too.

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

I would think they need political help more than production capacity. Gotta figure a new AWB.
I used to have congressional contacts but no longer. However, now I only have State level contacts so I would be of very little help in that arena.

·
Registered
6,835 Posts

They would probably need 4 or 5 more CNC machines with all the tools and enough material to feed them 24 hours a day, plus the operators. That would be a start.

·
Registered
5,177 Posts

We do have machines, and they do run 24 hours a day. Usually through the weekends too.

No, we're just small. It's definitely not from a lack of orders/business. We just roll right along and do our best. When you do as little outsourcing as we do, you get fewer products but better qualities. And right now, outsourcing is shit. Every firearms manufacturer out there is sending their stuff out of house... Getting anything done is a nightmare. For example, the parts we keep running out of are the parts we have made by U.S. vendors. They can't keep up with us. Firing pins, stocks, etc...

This booming market has made it tough to get the parts we need to ship the numbers we want to. If it weren't for that fact, we'd probably be at 5 or 6 thousand right now.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts