XCR Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had some C Products 6.8 mags tucked away for awhile, but now that I'm working on a 6.8 AR build I decided to drag them out. Only problem is that they are not marked and are very difficult to tell apart from some 5.56 C Products mags I bought at the same time.

Best I can tell is the follower on the 6.8 has a narrower bulge with a steeper angle on the side of the bulge.

Only other markings are SS on the side of the mag and the standard C Products floor plate. Oy... Any advice? Once I get them ID I'll mark them.

·
Registered
6,835 Posts
My C Products mags say 6.8 on the lip of the follower.Other than that you will have to look at the follower as Roy said.

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
So Far, ALL 6.5/6.8 Mags are made of STEEL. It was found that the aluminum mags "bulged" and 5.56 followers WOULD NOT work. The followers should be marked.

I noticed that I have several metal 18 round mags 7.62x39 mags that work well in my 6.8 SPCs (Both XCR & AR). :2cents:

·
Registered
6,835 Posts
I noticed that my 6.8 mags are marked SS on the side of them. If your C Products mags are all SS that may not help.

·
Registered
6,835 Posts
I just received 6 mags from them today. I ordered them last week about this time and received them today. If anyone needs 6.8 mags C Products has great service.

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
Yeah, C-products are damn quick. I too ordered 5 6.8 SPC mags and had them in hand in a week. The nice part is they work. ;D Just for the hell of it I tried them in my AR 7.62x39 AND THEY WORKED> Happy!!! They work BETTER than another brands advertised 7.62x39 mags. :ninja: :2cents:

·
Registered
6,835 Posts
Remind me to never order Mags from Terra, though I wouldn't mind if my gas block was pink, as long as it comes ;D :deadhorse:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.