XCR Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had some C Products 6.8 mags tucked away for awhile, but now that I'm working on a 6.8 AR build I decided to drag them out. Only problem is that they are not marked and are very difficult to tell apart from some 5.56 C Products mags I bought at the same time.

Best I can tell is the follower on the 6.8 has a narrower bulge with a steeper angle on the side of the bulge.

Only other markings are SS on the side of the mag and the standard C Products floor plate. Oy... Any advice? Once I get them ID I'll mark them.

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
I think the only way to tell them apart would be the follower shape will be different and maybe the shape of the feed lips? All the rest should be the same??

·
Registered
6,835 Posts
My C Products mags say 6.8 on the lip of the follower.Other than that you will have to look at the follower as Roy said.

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
So Far, ALL 6.5/6.8 Mags are made of STEEL. It was found that the aluminum mags "bulged" and 5.56 followers WOULD NOT work. The followers should be marked.

I noticed that I have several metal 18 round mags 7.62x39 mags that work well in my 6.8 SPCs (Both XCR & AR). :2cents:

·
Registered
6,835 Posts
I would buy that, the follower on the right looks more like the mag I have here.

·
Registered
6,835 Posts
I noticed that my 6.8 mags are marked SS on the side of them. If your C Products mags are all SS that may not help.

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
C-products uses the Black follower on the left. All their 6.8 mags are Stainless Steal (SS). Red, green, or grey followers are 5.56.

·
Registered
6,835 Posts
I just received 6 mags from them today. I ordered them last week about this time and received them today. If anyone needs 6.8 mags C Products has great service.

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
Yeah, C-products are damn quick. I too ordered 5 6.8 SPC mags and had them in hand in a week. The nice part is they work. ;D Just for the hell of it I tried them in my AR 7.62x39 AND THEY WORKED> Happy!!! They work BETTER than another brands advertised 7.62x39 mags. :ninja: :2cents:

·
Registered
6,835 Posts
Remind me to never order Mags from Terra, though I wouldn't mind if my gas block was pink, as long as it comes ;D :deadhorse:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts