XCR Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I have my XCR cleaned and all set up, except for the new hand grip. I know, I need to show pictures, but putting that aside, how do I remove the original hand grip and install a new one (Hogue)? What kind of screw is that? Also, I seem to remember that either on this forum or Sigforum, someone mentioned that changing grips could mess up the trigger, or something like that. Is that true, and if so, how do you avoid it? I appreciate the help.

·
Registered
467 Posts
Check out the MIAD grip install thread down a few. That pretty much covers it. It's very simple.

Just be careful with the selector spring. It will jump out if given half a chance. Don't kink it on reinstallation.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sloan, thanks for pointing me to the other thread. Still, I have 2 questions. First, is there a particular size of hex screwdriver to get? I've not encountered this type of screw before. Second, when I take the screw out, will the spring come through that hole? In the MIAD thread, it said to make sure to put the spring through the right hole, but I see only one.

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
My XCR needs a 5/32" hex for the grip. I assume it's the same, but who knows. It is a different size than the hex screw on my S&W M&P15, but I would think that all the XCRs are the same.

·
Registered
467 Posts
I don't remember what size the bolt is, but I just grabbed a mag-tip allen key and went to town. It's not anything exotic, size-wise.

The spring is under grip on the right side, if you're looking at the rifle from the underside, barrel facing up. It's pretty long. The grip (mine, anyway) has a fair degree of friction fit. You'll see the spring and its location as you pull the grip off. Just don't yank it off--that's when the spring could go flying. If I recall correctly, the MIAD has two holes fairly close together. Just use the one that won't kink the spring. I don't know what the Hogue has, but the stock AR15 grip also only has one possible hole. If that's all there is, then that's what you'll have to use!

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm good to go. Replacing the grip turned out to be easy, as ya'll said it would be. I planned to shoot last weekend, but things didn't work out. Now I'm hoping for Friday.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts