XCR Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm in CA and have a mag release lock. What a PIA that is... I want to install a bullet button. How do I remove the current mag release? I get the feeling it will involve a hammer and punch...

·
Registered
5,177 Posts
i'm confused. You have a regular mag button, and are installing a bullet button?

If that's the case, you will want to take a pen or a punch and use it to push the button in as far as you can. Once the mag arm is free of the lower, you just have to turn it loose, unscrewing it from the mag release button.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Actually the dealer here in CA drilled and tapped the mag release button for an allen head set screw that, when screwed in all the way, prevents the mag button from being pushed in. I've unscrewed the set screw as far back as it'll go but when I push the mag button in all the way, it's not quite enough to free the mag arm. I was hoping there was a different way to get the button off without damage.

I really need to escape this state and its dipshit gun laws...

·
Registered
6,835 Posts
Like Terra said, you need to use a punch to get the button pushed in all the way then you will be able to turn the catch.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Definately not a bullet button, but a mag lock. If I turn the set screw all the way in, the mag button does not push in at all, locking the mag in place and CA-DOJ is happy. If I unscrew the set screw, the mag release works as normal and CA-DOJ is not happy. The problem is the set screw, even when unscrewed as far as possible, still prevents pushing the mag button in far enough to free the mag release arm. I could easily drill out the set screw and it would then surely allow removal of the entire assembly as normal. That's probably what I'll do...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts