XCR Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was not sure where to post this so I figured this was just as good as any other place.

I am a senior at Texas A&M University looking to graduate this summer! I have some questions about the XCR and this seemed to be a good place to ask them. I am a member on Sigforum but the XCR seems to be a sore subject over there.

I honestly would have bought a Sig...if the civilian model was not neutered with made in china feeling parts. If they released anything close the the 552, well, I probably would not be posting here :)

Anyways, I have glanced through your forum and noticed it can be a bit of a free for all and you can obviously speak your mind without interference.

Anyways, I hope to post a lot and maybe make a few friends a long the way!

·
Registered
491 Posts
I was lusting after the Sig 556 when they were first announced but after a lot of research went with the XCR. Best decision I made. It was my first black rifle and I studied everything I could find for the better part of a year while waiting for the Sig to actually become available.

Besides the information about the weapon system I also became conversant with the "peculiarities" of the various talk forums. I'm either Consultant or SigsRule on the Sig forum, ARFCOM, CO-AR15, Coloradocarry, Silencertalk, and Warriortalk - plus a few others. Today I mainly frequent xcrforum, co-ar15 (local to me), coloradocarry, and warriortalk. The signal to noise ratio is too high on many of the others. That includes sigforum even though I have a lot of Sigs and used to spend a lot of time there.

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
GIG'EM AGG. WELCOME to the forum! I lived in Aggieland for 17 years, moved to the country 2 years ago not to far from there. Bought my XCR from Champion Firearms, Robert sold it to me. He told me that everyone that bought one from there loved it, I do too. I'm sure you have been over there to look at it. As far as the 556 I looked at one at Ganders Mt. & didn't like it as much, feel wise.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Speak of the devil! I was over there today holding it again. It definitely feels a lot better than the Sig 556. The 556 is definitely some mutated offspring when compared to its Swiss counterpart.

Yeah, the guy I talked to today (Roger) said he has heard lots of good things from the customers that had purchased one and had shot it himself a time or two.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.