XCR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 210 Posts

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I decided to start a picture thread for hunts. Ideally I would have kicked it off with something taken with an XCR but sadly, have none to show....yet. I've seen others out there who have so hopefully they'll post here too. Thanks and safe hunting!

[flash=581,389]http://www.bfinn.net/FlashAssets/AfricaSlides.swf[/flash]

·
Registered
573 Posts
XCR-Fin, nice prizes!

Last time I did any hunting was as a kid; squirrels and rabbits here in SC.

Just curious...

Where were these hunts located?

Did you eat the meat or give it to someone who could?

I didn't realize you could harvest a Leopard. 8)

·
Banned
8,010 Posts
very nice! you are my idol now. so where in texas is this?

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
XCR-Fin, nice prizes!

Last time I did any hunting was as a kid; squirrels and rabbits here in SC.

Just curious...

Where were these hunts located?

Did you eat the meat or give it to someone who could?

I didn't realize you could harvest a Leopard. 8)
I tried most of it (except hyena). The majority of the meat goes to the local community though. Botswana and some other African countries have good management programs. The meat feeds the hungry and curbs their tendency to poach. Not to mention the license fees and money spent in country benefit the locals too.

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
very nice! you are my idol now. so where in texas is this?
TEXAS?!?! No canned hunts for me thanks. Though a fine state TX has no native Cape Buffalo that I know of.

·
Banned
8,010 Posts
Wow.. real African game hunts. Something I can only dream of at the moment. How much does it cost to get a Leopard Hunting license? That thing is one beautiful animal.

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Wow.. real African game hunts. Something I can only dream of at the moment. How much does it cost to get a Leopard Hunting license? That thing is one beautiful animal.
It was a once in a lifetime opportunity and a dream come true for me.

Back to the hunt pics though. I know I've seen a turkey, bear and even a prairie dog (well half of one) all shot with XCR's posted on the forum.

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Nice. White tail right? Do you have any other species of deer in AR?

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Got this one in 2005. It was the biggest one I shot (or saw) in 10 years. Not bad for NJ. We have a standing rule on the farm that you can't shoot a buck unless it's bigger than the last one you got. Keeps the big guys around longer.

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
NICE!!!! That might be the last deer you shoot , if you go by the "rule".
You're not kidding. We mostly just shoot doe for meat which is still fun, but not quite as satisfying as getting one like this. He's a runt by TX standards though. You guys grow em big out there.

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thought I'd try to resurrect this thread. :-[

Hell, I'd even settle for VB's Utah rabbit trophy.

Shot this pronghorn in NM a few years ago with a .300 Win Mag.

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Now we're talking. Nice work SIGFORALL. Did you call that coyote in? I've never seen or heard of anyone taking deer with a handgun. What caliber(s) did you use?

·
Registered
190 Posts
That hunt was in January, we had temps showing down to 16 below on our truck gauges. Pistols are 44 mags. Mine is a Ruger Bisley Hunter and my buddy has a Smith 629 both have Leupold 2.5X8 glass on em. The yote I took at 167 yards with a head shot with the AR I built.

A bow hunt from last year

Do you fish?

I think I like hunting Whitetails the most. Looks like some of you guys do to. About two months till season starts here untill then FISH.

·
Banned
8,010 Posts
wow awesome pics sigforall.

1 - 20 of 210 Posts