XCR Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
681 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When it comes to guns these days that's all I seem to be doing. I've been waiting on this 7.62x39, a POF.308 for 7 months, a Rich Lage M-11 upper for over a year, I just called about a ZM Weapons LR 300 and they say they won't be taking orders for 30-90 days due to being overwhelmed. This is getting annoying. :mad: Make stuff... and have it in stock. Geesh!!

·
Registered
6,532 Posts
I've been waiting three years for an XCR-M. I used to wait for other conversion kits but started buying other manufacturers guns instead. I chose not to wait any more.

·
Banned
8,010 Posts
HUUUAAAAHHH!

As a 12Bravo I know all about hurrying up and waiting.

I too was waiting for the 7.62x39 XCR, but now I am broke because I bought so much in the past 2 months... so Robinson can take their time. ;D

·
Registered
73 Posts
When it comes to guns these days that's all I seem to be doing. I've been waiting on this 7.62x39, a POF.308 for 7 months, a Rich Lage M-11 upper for over a year, I just called about a ZM Weapons LR 300 and they say they won't be taking orders for 30-90 days due to being overwhelmed. This is getting annoying. :mad: Make stuff... and have it in stock. Geesh!!

I was out at the LE range about a week ago, and a friend of mine had 2 of them: NIB POF .308 16" and a 20". He had just got them both that day. Said he found them by contacting some shop out in Texas.

·
Registered
681 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

I was out at the LE range about a week ago, and a friend of mine had 2 of them: NIB POF .308 16" and a 20". He had just got them both that day. Said he found them by contacting some shop out in Texas.

Paratrooper, if you're trying to make me feel better you're failing miserably. Now, if your intentions are bringing me anger and frustration... then great job! ;)
Actually I'm waiting on a 13.5". They tell me they have the barrels made specific to length, not just chopped down 16". That's the reason for the delay so they say. Whatever.

·
Registered
2,839 Posts
I'm sure the war is taking a toll on whats on the shelves. There are only a handful of forging, barrel, and small parts makers. Demand is up for firearms as well...across the board. If it isnt in R&D, check stocking dealers. Ordering direct seems to have the worst wait times, and gun makers for sure like keeping dealers happy

·
Registered
681 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks variable. Now the problem is that IS ordered through my shop. Infact when we were at SHOT they ordered 5 .308's from them. The shop has received nothing so far. No biggie. I'm on the verge of sealing a deal for a Barrett .50. That should keep me occupied for a while. It's hard to part with that kind of dough, but I'm looking at it as an investment. The Barretts aren't depreciating, that's for sure.

·
Registered
6,835 Posts
I was very close to getting an M82A1, just couldn't justify buying a gun I had to drive over an hour to shoot. I ended up getting a couple Night Hawk Custom pistols instead. I have tons of 50 BMG brass that I picked up for reloading.One of these days I will get around to selling it.

·
Registered
1,475 Posts
I think if I was going to enter the world of the 50 I'd get something like a windrunner or ar50. If I'm buckin up for ammo and a rifle that expensive I want something that can do better than 3 moa...

the barrett is undeniably sweet though.

·
Registered
6,532 Posts
I was looking at the .50 / .338 LM rifles and went for .338LM. The rifle was build by Cactus Weapons on an AI chassis and shoots like a dream. I've got a friend with an M82 and he has only shot it a handful of times. Out to 1000, the Lapua shoots tighter groups.

I suspect shooting .50 will become more and more expenseive and less places will let you do it over time. I couldn't really justify the spend to kit myself out with .50, loading gear and supplies if usage would be that limited. If you are outside of FL and have provate land to shoot on maybe it's different.

If I get another long range rifle I'll either go with an EDM Windrunner or maybe the .338 Extreme. just my :2cents:

·
Registered
923 Posts
If you want just a cheap .50 that is not going to be super accurate look at the BOHICA Arms FAR 50 they make a conversion kit to use an AR Lower and just add their Upper. It is about the cheapest way to have a 50 BMG and that a way you do no have to dedicate a rifle just to being a 50 BMG.

I have a friend who ordered it and it should be in a few months

I will post a review when it comes in

·
Registered
681 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
My main reason for getting the .50 is just for investment purposes. I might shoot it once a year if the sun and moon align. But I figure they'll be banned next, and I'd like to have one grandfathered. I talked to Barrett today and they say get the 20" barrel. Anyway I can't do anything until my bike sells and some guy jerked around on ebay, won the auction and didn't pay. A-hole. I mean a whole lot of problems that caused me. ;)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts