XCR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
5,177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1) The ejectors do NOT regularly fall out. It WAS a small problem for a while, because we did not realize 242 loctite would not hold up as well. Once our customers conveyed their issues to us, we immediately switched to 277. It has been MONTHS since someone contacted me with an ejector problem.
2) XCR bolts do NOT break. Hell, I had a guy's rifle slam-fire due to upgrades not being taken care of (and yes, the prior owner WAS notified... in fact, I have FIVE signed receipts for notice letters in my desk). It was a pretty bad one - but thanks to the design of the rifle, it was contained. I got the rifle into the shop, and the bolt had flown back so hard it SPLIT THE CARRIER INTO THREE PIECES. THE BOLT ITSELF, ALONG WITH THE FIRING PIN AND EXTRACTOR, WAS NOT IN ANY WAY DAMAGED.
3) The rifles do not usually punch primers. There was a bad batch of bolts that went out - and rarely now a bolt doesn't get chamfered quite enough - and it has been taken care of.
4) We do not ignore or deny service to VEPR and M96 owners. I take care of every person who calls, emails, writes, or visits in person. I can't always provide extra parts - but I'll make damn sure their repair needs are met.
5) The XCR is not a "combat proven rifle", no. But there are many of us out there whose rifles have proven to be more than awesome. Customers past 15,000 rounds without issue - I know at least 5 on a first name basis.
6) I keep every repair letter that ever comes in. Usually I remember every repair I've done, as long as you prompt me a little - and NOT ONE ISSUE was the fault of the platform. Not one. Yes, we're a small company - and unfortunately when an employee cuts a corner it affects us - but we do make it right.

In the two years I have been at RA, we have refunded TWO people for their rifles and had them returned. One was buyer's remorse, and the other didn't want to have to send his barrel in for a repair. Even though we offered to cover shipping.

so, #@~!^%$#[email protected]#[email protected]~!##[email protected]%#%&%^ if you're a myth spreader, @#[email protected] stop it or I'll force you to eat a 2 week old ham sammich that's been sat on by Rosie O'Donnel and then stuffed in Rachel Maddow's armpit for two hours. Seriously.

·
Registered
635 Posts
I did not find this on ARFCOM. It should be on there.

·
Registered
923 Posts

·
Registered
5,623 Posts
I've said it before I'll say it again TERRA YOU KICK ASS!!!!
I ask you gentleman how many times do you find a company employee that stands by their work and product with such emotional conviction.Pardon me but I say FUCK the haters,let them have their crappy rifles,it's their loss if they're too indignant and hardheaded to even conceive the notion the XCR is a good platform,then let them have go without,it's just more for us!!

·
Registered
2,839 Posts
Stay off ARFCOM. If you defecated in a ditch and then swam in it, you'd be better off than spending 5 minutes on ARFCOM.

·
Registered
503 Posts
I actually heard that Chuck Norris and an XCR went into a dark room together once. Only the XCR walked out.

·
Registered
702 Posts
Underground: You got it wrong. "Lab Rats Cause Cancer" because not matter what you do to them, they always get cancer. As far as those morons that keep saying if a rifle has a part that needs to be Loctited from the factory it is a bad design, how about the AR's carrier key that needs to be "staked" properly or it will fall off or the AR's extension nut that should be "staked" by the receiver end plate (most people don't know about that one, they think the notches are for decoration).

Dog :duh:

·
Registered
5,177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
No, i posted it here on purpose. They seem to enjoy reading our forum and only picking out the topics on problems. They seem to skim over the cause/solutions, of course. :mad:

That thread has left me seriously disgruntled. I need recoil therapy. :rapidfire:

·
Registered
142 Posts
No, i posted it here on purpose. They seem to enjoy reading our forum and only picking out the topics on problems. They seem to skim over the cause/solutions, of course. :mad:

That thread has left me seriously disgruntled. I need recoil therapy. :rapidfire:
Recoil therapy is the best stress reliever ;)

·
Banned
8,010 Posts
That thread is now locked ???

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
We love you Terra. It's their loss if they want to talk shit about the XCR. I'm quite positive that most of them couldn't afford anyways. It's our job to let those interested in the platform know the truth.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts