XCR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2,839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a friend that was interested in getting a piston based 5.56 carbine. For some reason he was eager to get an LWRC...Then I introduced him to the XCR.

His first reaction "Wow, the XCR feels built so much better"

Then I showed him the differences between the bolt design, ergonomics, the folding stock, and QD barrels and that was it, he was sold. He put a deposit down right there. Once he had my XCR and an M6A1 side by side it was a no brainer. o313 is a witness to these events

I dont expect anything in return for my efforts...just an M96 ;D

·
Registered
6,835 Posts
yeah, I have noticed that seeing is believing for most people. When you sit them down and show them the XCR next to an AR the choice is pretty obvious.

·
Registered
923 Posts
I think I might have also converted one on saturday, I went to a shoot that was organized on THR.us and I took my XCR and after I fired it some and then let some of the others fire it there was one person that asked me a lot of questions about after telling him about the XCR I broke it down and showed him how easy it was to field strip he was impressed with that, but he really loved the design of the bolt and the adjustable gas system. He said he was going to have to think long and hard about getting the XCR.

·
Registered
2,839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
0000033457 said:
VB what is you take on the two rifles as I see you have a Lwrc upper on one of your lowers and see you get on the Lwrc forum a lot.
LWRC is a great AR15. I love mine. The build quality is outstanding, it's accurate, and so far it's been tough as hell. It's been dumped in mud and snow and still works great. Terra can speak to the accuracy. She made a standing unsupported shot at 91 yards and killed a coffee cup on the first shot

However...as good as the LWRC is, and it is very good to the point that I wont be bothering with Colt's going forward, it is still just an AR15, with many of the drawbacks of the AR15 design.

The XCR is so much more than any AR15. If I had to have one, I would have an XCR before an LWRC, but that doesnt mean the LWRC is chopped liver either

·
Registered
986 Posts
0000033457 said:
VB what is you take on the two rifles as I see you have a Lwrc upper on one of your lowers and see you get on the Lwrc forum a lot.
LWRC is a great AR15. I love mine. The build quality is outstanding, it's accurate, and so far it's been tough as hell. It's been dumped in mud and snow and still works great. Terra can speak to the accuracy. She made a standing unsupported shot at 91 yards and killed a coffee cup on the first shot

However...as good as the LWRC is, and it is very good to the point that I wont be bothering with Colt's going forward, it is still just an AR15, with many of the drawbacks of the AR15 design.

The XCR is so much more than any AR15. If I had to have one, I would have an XCR before an LWRC, but that doesnt mean the LWRC is chopped liver either
VB,

I have to agree with you about the difference between the AR platform and the XCR. The next time we go shoot I will have my Daewoo and that will be other comparision I would like to see.

I have been talking up the XCR to anyone that will listen, but since I am in an office with a bunch of H&K fanboys, and they are all wet over the civie 416.... Worse then a bunch of coeds on spring break... ;D I fear its a loosing battle.

·
Registered
22,402 Posts
Shoot.....this is really a cool thread. I have two LWRCs that are absolutely my favorite rifles. If the XCR is that much better.....I cannot wait. Only a few more months before my XCR arrives!

Sean

·
Registered
5,623 Posts
I almost bought a Daewoo,I've always liked them.The only thing that held me back is lack of spare parts kit's.

·
Registered
986 Posts
DR-200 BOUGHT IT FROM A FRIEND OF MINE THAT NEEDED CASH FAST.
If you didn't know there is a Woo forum, google daewoo rifle parts. You can't get bolts or gas tubes, but you can get firing pins, and charging handles. They also have a quad rail ($350) that will replace the forgrips on your 200. The can also make it a SBR "Contractor" its about $500. Also they can take off that fake flash hider and mount a real one.

ACE has a folding stock kit too if you still have that "sporter" stock.

You can tell that I really love the Woo. The perfect rifle that I had in mind was a DR200 w/a 16" brl, folding stock, QD rail with a vertical grip, and a birdcage flash hider, w/ a rail on the upper for a red dot sight. Then I found the XCR... When I added the cost to modify a DR, it came out to about the same price as a XCR... Go Figure... :duh: So now I am getting a XCR.

I was on the phone w/Alison today asking about my order and before I knew I was adding a 6.8 kit to my order.... Both Alison and Terra are succubi.... >:D >:D They're she devils!!!! ;D

Anyway if, I mean "IF" you want to depart w/your Woo please let me know. First I will try to talk you out... Friends don't let friends sell great rifles... Second I always have room for a well taken care of piece of Art...

have a good one....

HOOKEM HORNS!!!

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
I almost bought a Daewoo,I've always liked them.The only thing that held me back is lack of spare parts kit's.
Is there anything that Daewoo doesn't make? Cars, TVs, DVD players, etc. And now rifles? I don't trust anything made by a company that makes cheap ass dvd players and cheap ass cars too. That means that they make cheap ass rifles IMO. :p

I love the XCR and think it is arguably the best rifle available today in the world. However, I have an AR-15 only because of parts and accessories availability for them. If "dawn of the dead" occurred, I could find parts just about anywhere. Not the case with the XCR. I will be buying a full spare parts kit very soon.

·
Registered
5,623 Posts
Daewoo builds forklifts too,not too mention all kinds of other stuff.They make really nice firearms though,and like I've mentioned the only downside is the availability of parts.If I'm not mistaken the operating system is based on the AR-18/AR-180B.I remember seeing some auto pistols they made some time ago,mid 90's,they had an interesting trigger system and felt very good in the hand.I don't remember the model off hand.

·
Registered
986 Posts
Is there anything that Daewoo doesn't make? Cars, TVs, DVD players, etc. And now rifles? I don't trust anything made by a company that makes cheap ass dvd players and cheap ass cars too. That means that they make cheap ass rifles IMO. :p
If you have never fired a Woo then I would NOT make any comments. I have used the AR platform over 20 years.... Good relaible but I was taught you need to maintain it.... We all know that!!!! The Woo was almost maintenance free like the XCR. The only reason I say almost is if you break a firing pin you break a firing pin.. I never broke a firing pin in my 200. The operating system is simular to the Ar-180 and AK. It was very accurate I shot better with my Woo then the M-16. However my 16 was old and had been issued to others before... I was the first owner of my Woo. The rilfes were in-expensive not cheap.. my only complaint were there were not a whole lot of accesories like the AR. But when you put icing on a mud pie you still have a mud pie!!!! :p I was fine with the realiablity of a great rifle stripped and knew that when I sqeezed the trigger the rifle was going to send led down range, then the mediocer performance of a dressed up over priced POS... :p I thank heaven every day for the XCR.... I won't have to buy the AR.. Let the flaming begin!!!! :flame:

The pistols were imported by Kimber in 9mm, .40, and .45... I never realy got into the pistols but you can fnd them on GB... I was stuck on the Glock... You all know what a Glock Fanboy I am....

·
Registered
2,839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

I love the XCR and think it is arguably the best rifle available today in the world. However, I have an AR-15 only because of parts and accessories availability for them. If "dawn of the dead" occurred, I could find parts just about anywhere. Not the case with the XCR. I will be buying a full spare parts kit very soon.
You have to try the K2 first hand to see the appeal. The Koreans basically took an AK piston and dropped into into a chassis with solid AR15 style ergos. The Koreans did this because they had reliability problems with their imported M16's and direct gas K1.

The K2 was somewhat ahead of its time.

They arent pretty, but they are one of the most durable 5.56 carbines around. They are sleepers for sure.

·
Registered
568 Posts

You have to try the K2 first hand to see the appeal. The Koreans basically took an AK piston and dropped into into a chassis with solid AR15 style ergos. The Koreans did this because they had reliability problems with their imported M16's and direct gas K1.

The K2 was somewhat ahead of its time.

They arent pretty, but they are one of the most durable 5.56 carbines around. They are sleepers for sure.
Daewoo is South Korean based manufacturing giant with many divisions and subsidiaries. The rifles are of the same quality as the ocean going ship engines and aircraft parts they build. other consumer products are well,, consumer products.

There is,IMHO very little to go awry with the XCR so spares on hand are nice but not a deal breaker.

I believe the Daewoo K's to be valid platforms still. I don't need every flavor of the week in tacti-cool add ons for a tool to be useful to me.

Millitary service is compulsory in the Republic of Korea. The R.O.K. Army needed two things in a primary small arm system.

(1) Something reliable and stupid proof. (2)Something they could produce domestically because Colt was dicking them around with the license to produce the M16.
Daewoo Industries Ltd. fixed both problems.

·
Registered
5,623 Posts
There is,IMHO very little to go awry with the XCR so spares on hand are nice but not a deal breaker.
You mean little to wrong with the Daewoo? I agree,but stuff breaks and I'm not really interested in a weapon that if it does break.will be impossible to fix,depending on what part is is of course,but Murphy's law,it will be the part you can't get.

·
Registered
5,850 Posts
Looks like my brother will be ordering his XCR through Roy. All he has to do is get off his duff and call Roy. ::)

1 - 20 of 22 Posts