1,475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I decided I wanted to build myself a nice 10/22 and here's what I put together:

It's a stock ruger receiver with a tuffer buffer
skeeter bolt, trigger group, and bolt handle
18" green mountain fluted barrel
hogue ghillie tan stock
and trs100 tech sights

The sights give the same sight picture as an ar, and the sight radius is almost exactly the same as my ptr91, so this will be good for practice.

I'm gonna figure out a way to sturdily mount a rail in fron of the rear sight so I can use a qd scope or red dot.

The finish on the ruger receivers sucks these days, so gr8santini or exparatrooper, let me know if you could spiff it up for me ;D

·
Registered
3,296 Posts
It's been more than 20 years since I had a 10/22. Building one would be a great project.

Earlier this year I bought one of the 10/22 pistols, and it's fun; but I keep waiting for some cool aftermarket goodies to come out for it.

What kind of accuracy do you get?

·
Registered
4,533 Posts
Looks great to me!

If I didn't know better, I'd say that should be booked at an Appleseed post-haste! ;D

·
Registered
1,475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
it's was really easy to build tk.

what kind of aftermarket goodies were you interested in? I've been researching all the 10/22 gear obsessively lately, maybe I could steer you to something ;D

·
Registered
1,475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I also forgot to mention, the xd45 compact in flat dark earth I'm picking up later this week is gonna match pretty nicely with this rifle :p

·
Registered
6,835 Posts
Did you buy the receiver by itself and build it up? I was looking to do that as I don;t want to waste the money on a complete gun just to take off the stock and barrel and swap out all the internals. I was thinking about trying pawn shops when i get home.

·
Registered
6,529 Posts
I'll be doing the same for my girls.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Nice job! I like the sights and the stock - nice look.

I just put one together - still undecided on the stock, using the factory one for now - I used a Skeeter trigger group and a skeeter reworked factory barrel...lots of fun!

·
Registered
1,475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Nice job! I like the sights and the stock - nice look.

I just put one together - still undecided on the stock, using the factory one for now - I used a Skeeter trigger group and a skeeter reworked factory barrel...lots of fun!
skeeter makes great stuff for sure. he's a really nice guy too!

·
Registered
1,475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
yep that's exactly what I did and that my my reasoning as well.
Where did you find just the receiver? They are backordered everywhere I have looked.
I got it from shootersdiscount. They don't seem to stock very many at a time, but they have a steady stream of them coming in so you won't wait very long if you put in an order when they're backordered.

·
Registered
3,296 Posts
I ordered three or four direct from the manufacturer - the plastic ones, not the aluminum ones. They're great, but cheap they ain't. The plastic ones are high enough, but the aluminum ones are out of sight.

·
Registered
3,296 Posts
it's was really easy to build tk.

what kind of aftermarket goodies were you interested in? I've been researching all the 10/22 gear obsessively lately, maybe I could steer you to something ;D
Sorry, lost track of this thread.....

I figure someone has to come out with a tactical-style aftermarket stock for the challenger.

·
Registered
312 Posts
They're fun guns. I've got 3 10/22's and 5 hi-cap mags. 1 is stock, 1 has a steel fluted bbl & some kinda stock that has a built in bi-pod, 1 is my uber toy. It has Power-Custom grand master internals and titanium parts, a Hogue rubber overmold stock, carbon-fiber/ported bbl. Probly have $500 in a $150 rifle. ::)

·
Registered
153 Posts
Has anyone here build or played with one of the "krinker plinker" kits for the 10/22? I'm thinking of picking one up but i wasn't sure if it was worth it. They do look really cool.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts