XCR Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In a word Heart broken. I understand that everything mechanical breaks down but 500 rounds does not seem like that many. I am really not that familiar with the internal parts, can anyone tell me what happen here?

I guess this will have to go home to RA :(

·
Registered
573 Posts
Looks like you just lost a bolt out of the ejector. I read somewhere else in the forum that you should keep a check on these and if you find them loose, take out the bolts, clean, add some locktight and retighten. Sounds like good advice.

If you can't round up a new replacement bolt or find yours, a call to RA would probably get one sent to you.

Hopefully some of the other guys will chime in here and confirm this. I am a new XCR owner too.

Hope this helps. Good luck!

Badman 8)

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
YES, you lost your bolt, I think I read that RA is using light strength locktight. I would use medium stregnth blue when you get the new one. You can get them from RA on there web site. I bought 2 extra bolts & washers and a extra extractor for mine. Got them in about 2 weeks after I ordered them.

·
Registered
104 Posts
First he needs to get that snapped off bolt out of there.... shouldnt be too difficult, just a bit time consuming.

·
Registered
573 Posts
That's not a snapped off bolt, just the other side view of the remaining bolt. Easy/quick fix. ;)

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Re: I guess this is not a good thing.............................Help Me UPDATE!

I want to publicly thank Robinson Arms and Especially Alex Robinson for their actions on my problem. I am just a regular guy and feel that I was treated like their number one customer. All problems fixed well beyond expectations.

·
Registered
573 Posts
Re: I guess this is not a good thing.............................Help Me UPDATE!

I want to publicly thank Robinson Arms and Especially Alex Robinson for their actions on my problem. I am just a regular guy and feel that I was treated like their number one customer. All problems fixed well beyond expectations.
Thanks for posting the feedback. Good to know how a mfg. stands behind it's product. 8)

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Ok guys, time to admit it, I do not know what locktight (sp) is or where to get it. How do you apply it once you get it, LOL

Replies MUCH appreciated.

PS- My rifle is home, looks great, and the new gas system, in a word, AWESOME.

·
Registered
104 Posts
You can get locktite at just about any auto parts store.
First you will want to clean the threads of the bolt and the bolt hole with a degreaser, then just put a drop of the locktite on the bolt threads and re-assemble.

G

·
the blue is really pretty good, and the red is just harder to get out later. after break in i expereinced similar issues ans i went thru the whole gun and locktited everything except the barrel nut which shouldnt be done anyway.

·
Registered
449 Posts
1 - 18 of 18 Posts