XCR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all!
Newbie here. Just wanted to say hello. After doing a little research online, I came to the conclusion that I had to have a 6.8 XCR. Just ordered mine online a earlier today and then discovered this site.
Hi Terra,
Hopefully I ordered correctly! I paid with a credit card and I told my local gunstore to fax you their FFL. I may have told them the wrong fax # though. Is it (801) 428-3031 or (801) 355-0402? There are two different numbers on the website. Also, could you tell me the approx. build time? I can hardly wait!!
Thanks!

·
Registered
6,835 Posts
Well worth the wait...it is a great shooting gun.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Terra!! That 8 weeks is gonna seem like 8 years!!!! At least it will give me some time to decide what other accessories I will need.

Aziator,
Is yours a 6.8 as well? What sights/optics do you recommend?

·
Registered
6,835 Posts
Mine started life as a 5.56 but it shares duties between a 5.56 and 6.8, depending on my mood. My 6.8 has a 11.5" barrel and a blast to shoot. I have an Eotech 553 on mine and like it a lot.

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
Mine too started as a "mouse caliber" 5.56...... I bought the KIT!!! The 6.8 SPC is a fine choice. I do hope you reload as it can be expensive to shoot. At LEAST it's deer legal!!!!! To compare the 5.56 to the 6.8 just set up some STEEL plates. You will hear a distinctive PWANG with the 6.8 that the 5.56 can't do as well. Enjoy your rifle, it beats Hell out of the AR platform. :2cents: ;D :thanks: :deadhorse: :party: :sniper2:

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the replys!
I'm glad the Eotech works well. My XCR (when it gets here!) can have the 552 off my AR ;)
I have been shooting a 6.8 AR for a while, so I know what you mean about it's extra power. I love this round!! And if the XCR is as good as I have been told, the combination will be fantastic!!!!

·
Registered
2,839 Posts
Hi all!
Newbie here. Just wanted to say hello. After doing a little research online, I came to the conclusion that I had to have a 6.8 XCR. Just ordered mine online a earlier today and then discovered this site.
Hi Terra,
Hopefully I ordered correctly! I paid with a credit card and I told my local gunstore to fax you their FFL. I may have told them the wrong fax # though. Is it (801) 428-3031 or (801) 355-0402? There are two different numbers on the website. Also, could you tell me the approx. build time? I can hardly wait!!
Thanks!
6.8 is expensive but it is a sweet round. For those that can afford to shoot it, its a great all around caliber with few downsides

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
WERRA,
It appears you ordered your 6.8 shortly after I ordered mine. I received mine last week. Did you get yours yet?

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Maddog,
Wow! I'm glad you got yours! How do you like it? I bet it is nice! Shot it yet??
I just asked RA a few days ago what the status of my 6.8 was and they told me it would be an additional 5 or 6 weeks because they were waiting on 6.8 barrels!! :'( So I decided to change the order from 6.8 to 5.56 so I could get a rifle sooner. They said it would probably ship next week if they get their selectors in soon. I decided to order the 6.8 conversion kit seperately, so hopefully I will get that in the 5-6 weeks!
So...they must like you better!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;D

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
WERRA,
How do I like it? Hmmmm.....I love it! So far it is very nice. I am sad to say I have not shot it yet. Let me explain.
I ordered the rifle bare bones. I live in the desert so I wanted Coyote Tan (CT) accessories. After ordering the rifle I went internet hunting. On sale soon to be discontinued I found diamond plate style rail covers. Also a CT Ergo Grip, standard rail covers CT color, CT hand stops now discontinued and a CT sling adapter. About $60. Because of the upcoming election I ponied up today for 15 C Products 6.8 magazines, another $225. So I am currently sitting at $2,150 which includes the rifle and, gulp, taxes. The Troy BUIS sights in CT are next on the list, another $250. After that about $300 in ammo to break the rifle in as well as a CT Vickers sling.
My regular shooting area 20 minutes away currently has fire restrictions which will probably be lifted in September or October. I could go to an AC range but when I go out I take a cooler and lunch and stay all day so shooting is on hold for now. I have two sons playing high school football so that puts a damper on it as well. Again I rushed into this due to the election so patience is necessary for the rest.
Maybe you should have recieved yours first. But I am not complaining. I stuck with the 6.8 because I have 3 AR's and a Mini 14 that shoot .223. Hang in there!

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
You guys are going to love your 6.8s, especially if you hunt deer. Now you are legal! :2cents: P.S. If you are a reloader you will have to choose small or large rifle primer cases. ;D

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Sounds like you already have it mostly decked out! You'll have to post some pics soon. You are wise to stock up on mags while you still can. Have you tried the Pri mags? A spare parts kit would be a good idea too.
I will be happy when I have BOTH the 5.56 AND the 6.8 barrels!! I'll have to get 7.62x39 kit eventually. Hopefully it won't be too long of a wait!!

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
You guys are going to love your 6.8s, especially if you hunt deer. Now you are legal! :2cents: P.S. If you are a reloader you will have to choose small or large rifle primer cases. ;D
Gunner69,
Yeah! I'm itching to get mine in!!! It will be hard to wait the extra time for the 6.8 barrel, but I know its worth the wait!!
I have always heard that Silverstate brass is the best. Is that your experience? I really like 6.8 guns! I have a Ko-Tonics 6.8 upper on my AR.

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
Sounds like you already have it mostly decked out! You'll have to post some pics soon. You are wise to stock up on mags while you still can. Have you tried the Pri mags? A spare parts kit would be a good idea too.
I will be happy when I have BOTH the 5.56 AND the 6.8 barrels!! I'll have to get 7.62x39 kit eventually. Hopefully it won't be too long of a wait!!
werra,
The sights and ammo have all arrived. I am heading out this weekend to shoot it/break it in. Go over to the picture thread and check it out. :rapidfire:

·
Registered
6,517 Posts
Reload dude. There is a lot you can do with the 6.8 and it is a nice caliber with few intermediate range downsides.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Maddog, Beautiful rifle!! I know you will have a blast breaking it in this weekend! Be sure and post a range report if you have time! I'm interested to hear how the SSA shoots!

I am still waiting on my 6.8 kit and I haven't been able to find out how much longer it will be. :'(

MickeyC, I agree. I definately am gonna need learn how to reload! The ammo is big $$$$. It is worth the money to have a more substantial caliber IMO.

·
Registered
2,031 Posts
I wouldn't even think of doing 6.8 or 6.5 without handloading. You can probably roll your own for somewhere around a quarter the price of factory ammo in those calibers. Shooting 6.8 you could have your whole setup paid for itself within 1000 rounds, probably.

Hell I handload the majority of my 5.56 now, and I haven't even been at it very long... since about the turn of the year I guess. It opens a whole new dimension of control in shooting. Its like driving a manual vs. automatic tranny in your favorite automobile. :)

1 - 20 of 26 Posts