1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
919 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
22,187 Posts
Sure sounds like the winner here would be anyone who can actually dig up the footage from the CSPAN aired debate in the 2nd half of April of 2005 wherein Obama admits he's not a natural born citizen.

Sean

·
Registered
4,776 Posts
i'm honestly pretty sure he's not eligible to be the pres, but i'm not hopeful that the machine will let anything derail the jug eared messiah train.

·
Registered
6,529 Posts
What a find that was! Lets see if that makes it to court.

·
Registered
170 Posts

·
Registered
3,296 Posts
Since I have access to Lexis-Nexis, I pulled all the AP's stories on the Ryan debacle from the week in question. There is no story with the lead mentioned....

Kenyan-born US Senate hopeful, Barrack Obama, appeared set to take over the Illinois Senate seat after his main rival, Jack Ryan, dropped out of the race on Friday night amid a furor over lurid sex club allegations.

Instead, it appears to be a rewrite of this story....

Ryan drops out of race for Illinois Senate amid damaging sex club allegations

BYLINE: By MAURA KELLY LANNAN, Associated Press Writer

SECTION: Political News

LENGTH: 771 words

DATELINE: CHICAGO

Illinois Senate candidate Jack Ryan dropped out of the race Friday amid a furor over lurid sex club allegations that horrified fellow Republicans and caused his once-promising candidacy to implode in four short days.

"It's clear to me that a vigorous debate on the issues most likely could not take place if I remain in the race," Ryan, 44, said in a statement. "What would take place, rather, is a brutal, scorched-earth campaign - the kind of campaign that has turned off so many voters, the kind of politics I refuse to play."

The campaign began to come apart Monday following the release of embarrassing records from Ryan's divorce. In those records, his ex-wife, "Boston Public" actress Jeri Ryan, said Ryan took her to kinky sex clubs in Paris, New York and New Orleans and tried to get her to perform sex acts with him while others watched.

Ryan disputed the allegations, saying he and his wife went to one "avant-garde" club in Paris and left because they felt uncomfortable.

In quitting the race, Ryan lashed out at the media and said it was "truly outrageous" that the Chicago Tribune got a judge to unseal the records.

"The media has gotten out of control," he said.

Top Illinois Republicans immediately began the work of selecting a new candidate. Their choice will become an instant underdog against Democratic state Sen. Barack Obama in the campaign for the seat of retiring GOP Sen. Peter Fitzgerald. Obama held a wide lead even before the scandal broke.

"I feel for him actually," Obama said on WLS-AM. "What he's gone through over the last three days I think is something you wouldn't wish on anybody. Unfortunately, I think our politics has gotten so personalized and cutthroat that it's very difficult for people to want to get in the business."

Since it was published in Kenya, it seems likely that local switched the lead to focus on the man they think of as a "hometown" boy. In other words, it's not the AP that thought he was from Kenya, but the editors at the Kenyan paper. Which is interesting by itself.

tk

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
I remember seeing something recently that showed a school application for Obama in Indo where it showed him a different name and that is was marked as him being an indo citizen or something like. anyone know what I'm talking about? If he renounced his citizenship at some point wouldn't that count as well?

·
Registered
919 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Since I have access to Lexis-Nexis, I pulled all the AP's stories on the Ryan debacle from the week in question. There is no story with the lead mentioned....

Kenyan-born US Senate hopeful, Barrack Obama, appeared set to take over the Illinois Senate seat after his main rival, Jack Ryan, dropped out of the race on Friday night amid a furor over lurid sex club allegations.

Illinois Senate candidate Jack Ryan dropped out of the race Friday amid a furor over lurid sex club allegations that horrified fellow Republicans and caused his once-promising candidacy to implode in four short days.

"It's clear to me that a vigorous debate on the issues most likely could not take place if I remain in the race," Ryan, 44, said in a statement. "What would take place, rather, is a brutal, scorched-earth campaign - the kind of campaign that has turned off so many voters, the kind of politics I refuse to play."

The campaign began to come apart Monday following the release of embarrassing records from Ryan's divorce. In those records, his ex-wife, "Boston Public" actress Jeri Ryan, said Ryan took her to kinky sex clubs in Paris, New York and New Orleans and tried to get her to perform sex acts with him while others watched.

Ryan disputed the allegations, saying he and his wife went to one "avant-garde" club in Paris and left because they felt uncomfortable.

In quitting the race, Ryan lashed out at the media and said it was "truly outrageous" that the Chicago Tribune got a judge to unseal the records.

Top Illinois Republicans immediately began the work of selecting a new candidate. Their choice will become an instant underdog against Democratic state Sen. Barack Obama in the campaign for the seat of retiring GOP Sen. Peter Fitzgerald. Obama held a wide lead even before the scandal broke.

"I feel for him actually," Obama said on WLS-AM. "What he's gone through over the last three days I think is something you wouldn't wish on anybody. Unfortunately, I think our politics has gotten so personalized and cutthroat that it's very difficult for people to want to get in the business."

Since it was published in Kenya, it seems likely that local switched the lead to focus on the man they think of as a "hometown" boy. In other words, it's not the AP that thought he was from Kenya, but the editors at the Kenyan paper. Which is interesting by itself.

tk
not surprising at all, when they had the whole "Oh shit we said 2 different hospitals" they went and "updated" a whole crap load of AP articles.

·
Registered
3,296 Posts

tk
not surprising at all, when they had the whole "Oh shit we said 2 different hospitals" they went and "updated" a whole crap load of AP articles.
That's just really not the way the AP works. Besides, I was searching the archives of the world's most respected independent archiving company. THEY do not update stories in that fashion.

WHat I found interesting is the Kenyan paper's rewrite: Local papers do this all the time to focus on people who are of great interest to the local market. But what that means is that four years ago, someone was promoting Obama as being a native of Kenya, and the papers in Kenya bought it.

tk

1 - 14 of 14 Posts