XCR Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was at my friends range yesterday and had shot about 80 rounds when my XCR's trigger failed to reset, so pulled the charging handle back and put a new round in the chamber, and fired then the same thing happened, I repeated this about 8 times and nothing changed, I went and cleaned and lubed it hoping that would fix, but I noticed when I took the lower off a small piece of what appears to be forged aluminium and possibly a corner to something, but I did not thing anything of it since there were small pieces of metal around me when I took it apart, so once I had it cleaned and lubed I put it back together and went back to the range, when I fired it then it did the same thing as earlier, I cleared the round and chambered a new one and fired this time with one pull of the trigger 8 rounds fired at once, so that finished my shooting for the day. I have only had about 1000 rounds through it so for and have cleaned and lubed almost religiously.

·
Registered
923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I looked on the upper and lower and have not been able to find where the piece broke off. I will try to take some pictures of the piece that broke and post them, but the ones I have taken did not turn good. Thanks for the help I really need it.

·
Registered
923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It has not been to Springfields for the trigger job. It is going to be a few days I have to buy a new camera, the one I have can not take a clear picture it does not have enough megapixels. The piece that broke is painted black and has raised edge that is rounded off and it has a sharp point from breaking, it is about the size of a pencil eraser.

G

·
dude, if your rifle is firing 8 rounds at a time then it needs to go back to robinson ditty mao, RFN, ASAP, tomorrow!!!

·
Registered
923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I just looked at my XCR and it is the disconnector that broke. What is the best way to fix it? Can I order the part? or do I need to send it to RA? How much will it cost to fix? I decided not to fire it until it is fixed once it happened, it is unsafe and not worth the jail time. Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
Call Terra, at RobArms, tomorrow. Most likely it is covered under warranty, a "free" fix. :2cents:

·
Banned
8,010 Posts
I am curious to know what entails a broken disconnector? Is the edge worn off so the hammer can't reset?

I too had a problem with the trigger resetting but for me it was not the disconnector.

I noticed the trigger pin was walking out each time I fired a couple of rounds. I pushed back in and it would walk out again. I then proceeded to open the action and everything apperead to be in place. Then I decided to play detective and took trigger apart to see if I could find anything unusual and found this circlip looking piece at the bottom!

I figured out that the circlip actually helps everything stays put. It keeps the hammer pin from walking and it also wedges the main spring up against the receiver to keep the trigger pin from walking. The 2 legs of the main spring should be seated tightly on the grooves of the trigger pin, if the cotter pin is missing, the legs will not properly seat.

I plan to go back to the range and give her 4 full mags (120 rounds total) as fast as I can to see how she holds up.

·
Registered
2,031 Posts
I've noticed that the "circlip" (labeled as the "cotter pin" in the diagram, if we are talking about the same thing) in the XCR appears to perform the same function as the "J hook" on the hammer in an AR trigger group.

The XCR and AR triggers are very, very similar in operation.  If you know one, you know the other.  The parts are just more vertically compact in the XCR lower... i.e., the lobe on the hammer that is caught by the disconnector is on the side of the hammer in the XCR; back of the hammer in an AR... overall though, they are very much the same.

If you have a fractured disconnector, I believe that could lead to your 8rd burst, at least.  The hammer is "chasing the carrier" though, not being released as the bolt closes.

You can replace the disconnector yourself, but if you don't feel comfortable doing it, I'd just get the part from RA, then send the lower and the part off to Springfield so he can do his trigger job and install the new disconnector at the same time.  I'm sure he's got to take the disconnector out to do the trigger job anyway.

·
Registered
923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I was just looking at my XCR and was cleaning it and the disconnector spring fell out. I need help

·
Registered
923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
The small metal ring from under the disconect is also missing. I will try to take some pictures and if they turn out I will post them

·
Registered
923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I tried taking some pictures but they did not turn out, so I am not doing to post them

·
Registered
702 Posts
tacweapon, what metal ring are you talking about. The trigger goup is only made up of 9 parts. The trigger, hammer, disconnector, trigger and hammer pins, clevis pin (holds the hammer pin in place), and 3 springs (trigger spring, hammer spring, and disconector spring). The disconector spring sits in a cup or depression in the trigger and the disconector sits on top of the spring and to the side of the trigger. The trigger pin holds everything in place. There shouldn't be a metal ring as that would be 10 parts.

MadDog

·
Registered
923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I might been seeing the Disconnector Spring before it came out seen it is in the same place. What is on the underside of the Disconnector Spring that holds it in place maybe that is what broke to begin with because I noticed today that my Disconnector might not be broke I noticed that it still is the same shape but is just rough on the underside of the curved part

1 - 17 of 17 Posts