XCR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
327 Posts
Nothing strange about that, looks good man.

·
Registered
874 Posts
I was going to say the same thing looks good.

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
Ok, so the gas tube is stainless steel. Maybe it was a custom order? RA is pretty good about that.

I will say that it is odd. I have never seen the stainless steel gas tube before. Where was this picture taken?

·
Registered
2,362 Posts
Good find!

More pics and information, please. ;D

Ok, so the gas tube is stainless steel. Maybe it was a custom order? RA is pretty good about that.

I will say that it is odd. I have never seen the stainless steel gas tube before. Where was this picture taken?

Probably still a prototype.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Where was that picture taken? Short stock, short barrel, and is it just me or is that upper shorter as well? That's not the new PDW is it?

·
Registered
327 Posts
The Upper does look shorter that the other, is that the PDW proto type

·
Registered
2,362 Posts
Silent pill gets the goods on post #1! Welcome to the forum. :)

I'm going to say prototype because the upper hasn't been redesigned but is a chopped standard upper. Look at the front of the gas tube, you'll see what I mean.

·
Registered
5,177 Posts
Many changes are yet to be made. We chopped a regular model for the prototype, yes... but once port sizes and other things are right, we will be turning custom uppers for them. We want the vent holes to be positioned differently and to look like less of a hack-job. This is only the first prototype... Much will change. ;)

·
Registered
327 Posts
Yea, yea we know keep guessing, OMGWTFBBQ, LOL

Well once you are done with the 1st prototype Ill take it off your hands. I mean a hack job or not, still an XCR.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Hmm, who is this silentpill person anyway? First post on the forums has PDW prototype pics? Sounds suspicious

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
I know this much... Alex was supposed to be putting up some pics of the PDW on the "site". I would have assumed it was going to be the RA site. Maybe he meant, the forums? :-\

·
Registered
332 Posts
Alright, I'm guessing this prototype isn't just out there floating in some random shop, so the picture is likely at RA HQ which means there's a good chance the man behind the poster is likely in the SLC area.

I'm going to take a risk here and say he was in attendance at the recent March 1 XCR shoot.

Now, assuming this person isn't leading us astray by telling us he's not affiliated with RA, I'll venture a guess that the true identity of silentpill is in fact....

1 - 20 of 58 Posts