XCR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

After reading on this forum for several days as a lurker, I have registered and decided that I want to buy an XCR as soon as financially viable. That will probably be before the end of this year.

If anyone has any comments I'd like to hear them.

I have an FAL, two Bushmaster AR15's, and a DPMS 308. I have been searching for my next rifle, and was thinking about getting another FAL for it, but now I'm convinced that the XCR is a worthy addition to my collection. I'm so excited about the charge handle, and the folding stock, and the piston action, and the safety lever, I'm sure I'll find a lot more to like about this rifle once I get it.

I think the price seems to be very good considering what's offered, but I still have to ask; Am I likely to get a discount from the prices listed on this website at a local store? I've often found that to be the case with other rifle manufacturers.

I would like the .223 chambering, maybe the 7.62x 39 chambering, and the folding stock short carbine.

Thanks for any comments, and I'm glad to be here.

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
Welcome out of the shadows anymanusa,

I have found the XCR to be a well built, ergonomically friendly, assault type weapons system. This system has taken the best from two of the most popular weapons systems in the world, the AR15 and the AK. and have merged them successfully to produce one hell of a gun.

You do have a very nice collection and I'm sure this rifle would sit pretty high on your list of favorites when it has worked it's way into your gun safe.

Price listed on the Robinson Armament web site is a recommended retail only, and if you shop around you are sure to get a much better deal. Another thing to consider is that if you buy from out of state, you don't have to pay sales tax!

When you are ready, drop me an e-mail and we can talk turkey. ;) -----> [email protected]

Good shopping!

·
Registered
5,177 Posts
Those red satin photos are strangely hot....

As an employee of Robarm, I can vouch for the XCR. It has its issues, just as all guns do, but it is definitely worthwhile. And as you can see from our clientele, most of them work out all the kinks on their own. We're really excited to do a whole bunch more projects on the XCR... New stock options, a drop-in trigger, more calibers... the list goes on. It's a gun you can really accessorize and have fun with... plus it gets a lot of envious glares from fellow shooters. :-*

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
Hey Anymanusa, Save your money and buy yourself an XCR. One hint though, wait and get a 6.8, a 7.62x39, or a 6.5x39 (Grendle). The "mouse gun" caliber 5.56/.223 sucks for medium sized game (deer OR man). One shoot, one kill .......... if at all possible. Gunner69

·
Registered
1,475 Posts
Re: I want an XCR!! New to forum and XCR [gun pics posted for maximum post viewa

^^^
who are you kidding, get ALL the flavors :D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts