XCR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey All -

Only my second post. Heavily contemplating having my wife order an XCR so it's waiting for me when I get home. Unfortunately, the only experience I have with semi-automatic rifles is the M-16.

Muzzle Device options? Is it important, or a particularly good idea to have it permanently attached? Well the new stock that is supposedly "perfect" be able to be ordered at a later date to attach to said XCR? Who makes the best quality mags to feed this thing?

Thanks
Sully

·
Registered
874 Posts
Well I think you will find you will like the XCR more so than the M16. But as for options I can't really afford you much information here cause in Canada where I am from we were pretty limited on what we can all have on our rifles in concerns with folding/collapsing stocks and muzzle breaks and flash hiders. But for mags magpul makes a good mag in the PMAG but any regular old AR15 mag will work well in the XCR. Just my :2cents:

·
Registered
122 Posts
Hey Sully,
I recently joined the fraternity of the "X" so I kinda get where you are coming from. As far as the factory rifle goes the options really are not that challenging. You can use the ROBARMS ws for a rundown on them but basically all you have to decide on is barrel(heavy,standard), stock options and caliber. For most users a permanently attached muzzle device is not necessary, its usually employed in order to obtain a legal 16" barrel length from an otherwise must be registered item or for legality in certain states. So if your home state has no restrictions just get the standard removable flash and put something cooler on later. Stocks wise I'd say its down to the folding tube stock or the folding M4 style. I've got the tube and it offers excellent cheek weld with my optics and a very slim profile. Have not tried the collapsible VLTOR thats offered as well but I can say it looks cool as hell. The stock ROBARMS is working on will fit on existing weapons once its available. Mags wise I've got GI, Themold and P-MAGS. All function flawlessly. For the pros and cons as concerns these and any other XCR related questions you may have this forum is the go to site. Use the search feature, its works fantastically.
Have a good one!
Stu Fallon

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
Welcome to the forum Sully. If you are in a state where "removeable" flashiders are allowed go that way for sure. There are many great designs available and Aussie Arms can get you any accessories you want at a good price. There are many great post here on the forum with a lot of fotos to help. Enjoy ;D 8) :2cents:

·
Registered
6,835 Posts
Sully, I would go with a muzzle device that is not fixed unless you must have that by law. There really hasn't been any substantiated claims of better accuracy from the heavy barrel so unless you just have to have one I would go lighter (save weight). i am partial to the stock folding stock. It works for me and just looks plain good. As far as mags, if you are buying new mags just get Pmags. I shoot HK mags but they are spendy and the Pmags work good too. Order from aussie if you can, he has great prices.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts