XCR Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’ve been trying to figure out the ideal barrel length for 7.62x39, excluding close quarter maneuverability as a factor. What is best for accuracy and velocity for use at 75-200 yards? Any experiences or insights?

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
@fiskunkape That’s interesting, thanks for sharing.
it’s funny you mention cor-lok, I’ve been looking for x39 deer hunting rounds and can’t find anything. Underwood had something that looked promising but it sold out long before i got any. On paper x39 could be a decent short-medium range deer round but all of that is irrelevant if nothing is available when it’s time to hunt.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
@Sean K. thats pretty much the kind of thing I was hoping to hear about.
I have enjoyed shooting x39 with a bolt action with a 22” barrel, so I’ve been thinking about what barrel length I’d like for an XCR-L conversion kit. If a barrel under 8” can do as you described, I wonder what the advantages would be of longer barrels for x39 and what length is the point of diminishing returns.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
@Pop quiz I only recently got my 9.5” x39 barrel and have not had much outdoor range time with it, so I cannot speak to the distances. I’m looking forward to giving it a workout all summer.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts