XCR Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
you can only keep one,what one would it be?

xcr,or m96?
xcr is stripped down to factory,yhm buis fron and rear folding stock with minor upgrades.
m-96 has full optic rail with integral buis,and handgaurd rail,recon bbl.
opinions?

·
Registered
6,835 Posts
Easy, XCR. The M96 is a super nice rifle but I think you would have to think about the long term. i know Robar said they are going to start making a few M96s in the future again but for now, XCR parts are available now and ill be for the foreseeable near future.

Gunner just made this choice, ask him why he decided the way he did.

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
I went with the XCR as it can go multi-caliber. I love the 6.8 SPC so far, it was just a little better choice than the 6x45. I also have my order in for the 6.5 too. I have 7.62x39 covered with two SKSs (One Ruskie one Yugo) and three AKs (Russian 5.54x39, Krebs 03 Russian in 7.62x39, and a Norinco in 5.56). ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

·
Registered
874 Posts
I only have the XCR as I didn't have the cash available when the M96 was available in Canada. I also have a XCR in 7.62x39 on order as well as the XCR-M. If I could only have one it would be the XCR-M as I have tons of 5.56 options available to myself but the XCR-M is the only modern Black rifle option I have in Canada in 308 that I can use to hunt as AR and variants are Restricted to range use and other 308 options (FAL) are prohibited and I can't legally own them.

·
Registered
568 Posts
Still if forced to chose I would have to flip a coin. Both platforms have their charms.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts