XCR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dudes And Dudettes,

I have a gas valve with no markings on them and have no idea what settings are what; Where do I get this new slick valves with the numbers on them?

I was at the Range today and flipping the settings all over Heck and back and trying to make the rifle malfunction to get a hint of which ones not to use but couldnt get it to jam. :duh:

Thanks for a great product !

·
Registered
6,835 Posts
Yeah, do you have a dial or threaded little knob? pics would be best.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Sounds like you have the new style gas valve... since you were "flipping the settings"... something that takes a tool with the old style gas system.

The latest gas dial was imprinted with the numbers very lightly... to the point that unless you look really close, they appear to not even be there.

There is a post on this subject...
http://xcrforum.com/index.php/topic,2236.0.html

If that is your problem... PM Terra per her post in the above thread...

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Those have the markings they are just out. There was another post where they said something about the engravers.

Right now its on a 3, which should set off most anything except maybe REALLY stubborn wolf or silver bear or anything.

If you go to 4 thats going to sling brass to the next county. Then all the way down to S which is going to be mouse quiet :)

·
Registered
81 Posts
I have a dial missing (Tera, can I get from RA and how much does it cost. I can call tomorrow but it is easier and more fun to ask).
It is anew gas system and the manual (yes, I actually read it) helped to figure the setting out.
Between #1 and 2 the valve can be removed by hand. So, if you find that position, look at the valve from the muzzle and the 1 will be on the left and 2 on the right (9 and 1 o'clock positions, respectively). The rest is easy.
Hope that helps.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts