XCR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
681 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I watched a movie called Shoot'em Up. I knew in advance that it woiuld be bad, but I couldn't resist just checking it out. I wish I could have that 90 minutes back. It was absolutely sickening. If you haven't seen it... don't. Please don't. If you have, I hope you posted your experience on here and maybe I just missed that post. I wish I had researched it in advance. We must prevent any further viewing of this from the gun community. :-[ :(

·
Registered
2,031 Posts
I watched "Battlefield Earth" once. Its got to be right up there near the top of the list of worst movies of all time. Its my personal #1 pick for the title.

·
Registered
1,475 Posts
I'm hearing this was terrible all over the place...

I'm almost tempted to rubberneck it just like seeing a bad accident on the highway :p

·
Registered
431 Posts
I saw the first bit of it it was knida funnnieish, crazy bum guy eating carrots protecting a baby with a whore, whats not to like???

·
Registered
681 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm hearing this was terrible all over the place...

I'm almost tempted to rubberneck it just like seeing a bad accident on the highway :p
Magik. If you like movies with realistic gunplay then please... I beg you not to see this movie. You'll want to gouge your eyes out, and you need them to shoot your XCR. I compare everything to Michael Mann's work, like Heat and Miami Vice. Mann tries to be as accurate as possible. Because of this I didn't find it even slightly entertaining. But if you read Ranly's post, it actually sounds intriguing. Carrots, babies, and a whore. :eek:

·
Registered
6,835 Posts
resist temptation to watch...I have it here from netflix.

What did you guys think of The Kingdom? I thought it was pretty entertaining.

·
Premium Member
1,045 Posts

I thought it was a good movie.

·
Registered
467 Posts
Worst movie I ever saw...had to be God's Gun. Man, it was epic bad. Like Plan Nine from Outer Space bad. Incredible Melting Man bad. Invasion of the Bee Girls bad. Really bad.

It looked kinda cool at first glance. Classic '70s oater. Lee Van Cleef. Jack Palance. Richard Boone! Even with that pedigree it sucked on a cosmic scale. Richard Boone looked like the reanimated dead in it. Writing was a joke. The acting...man. I hope they got free booze to do this hound. It sure looked like it (especially in Richard Boone's case).

·
Registered
491 Posts
Yes, but was it as bad as "Joe vs. the volcano" or that other classic "Ishtar" or the new classic stinker that's so bad I can't even remember it's name except it starred Beniffer.

·
Registered
6,835 Posts
I just got Balls of Fury from Netflix, should I waste my time?

·
Registered
491 Posts
It has absolutely no socially redeaming value, so it's in the same category. It's so bad you'll feel guilty that you watched it. But I could see myself watching it again in twenty years or so, whereas the others I mentioned - no way ever again. :p

·
Registered
681 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

Kingdom was ok. Some good gun play. It was produced by Michael Mann, so the director probably got some pointers from him. But did you notice that in that final 20 minute shoot out. The guy with the Saudi police had an AR15... no rear sight. So sad. Plus many of the actors were holding their guns incorrectly. There's more but what's the point?
If you happen to watch the bonus goodies, they have clips of the shoot out from every character's perspective, unedited. That was cool.

·
Registered
6,517 Posts
I thought it was kina funny. Like a comic strip. It was good for a laugh.

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
Hey Aziator, I had Balls of Fury...... once.... in Bangkok. ;D Again congrads on the Army of Two. 8)

·
Registered
331 Posts
Speaking of bad gun usage. Remember how the TV characters would hold there double action revolvers?
Finger in the trigger guard and the palm over the hammer.
If you have a revolver, unload it and see how fast you can make the first shot. Don't try this with a loaded gun, even at the range, because there is no telling where the bullet will go. <= Hopefully this is a redundant safety tip for every one on this forum.

·
Registered
6,835 Posts
Hey Aziator, I had Balls of Fury...... once.... in Bangkok. ;D Again congrads on the Army of Two. 8)
Sure made me laugh...I had a comple of crew dogs that had been in Korea for like 10 years when I got there. Every year they would both go to Tailand for 30 days of leave. Lets just say some things are meant to never be spoken of. I think those guys are still in Korea too, I would have them crewing my bird any day of the week as long as they were sober.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts