XCR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I was a forum member way back in the dark days of coming out of the 1994 AWB. I have an early XCR, ser number is below 1000. I figured I would come back and see how things are going after a decade (nearly two) or more. I guess I will need to be looking at all the new whiz bang stuff for this patform and see what I want to do.

bob

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Welcome back, it's slow round these parts. What configuration is your gen 1 rifle in?
It is a box stock Gen 1. A few years ago I looked at upgrading and I may still do it, hard to tell right now. I am thinking of selling off all of my guns over the next few years due to age and no one to leave then with when I make the cellestial transfer. ;)

bob

·
Registered
2,503 Posts
There's been a ton of changes since 2006ish. Some require machining to the lower. It might be cost prohibitive to get the full update.

It is a box stock Gen 1. A few years ago I looked at upgrading and I may still do it, hard to tell right now. I am thinking of selling off all of my guns over the next few years due to age and no one to leave then with when I make the cellestial transfer. ;)

bob

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
There's been a ton of changes since 2006ish. Some require machining to the lower. It might be cost prohibitive to get the full update.
Without going whole hog and getting a Fast Stock and getting a new Bolt Carrier System with needed milling it isn't all that bad. The stock and BCS is where the real money is,

bob

1 - 10 of 10 Posts