XCR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if anyone here would be interested in a custom "military style" patch that we can affix to our hats, vests, or whatever. I was even considering static cling stickers in addition.

I do nto have any artistic value but I know some on this thread do. Maybe if we list our ideas as to what we would like to see on the patch, then perhaps someone here with talent can then design it. I know a guy who runs a shop that will do the custom stickers and patches.

I would like to see something along the lines of a cool lookinf skull like Gr8's skull but with a red, white, and blue jokers hat. Maybe some crossed XCRs beneath it.

I think simple and clean in design would be best.

share your thought, please.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Patch Idea is a good one I would buy one or two. As for designing something Im out, im in the same boat as XCRFan. But im sure there are plenty of guys and girls that can.

·
Registered
923 Posts
I would possibly be interested also

Here is something that was designed for me by XCR-Fin

·
Registered
356 Posts
Here are two more. The ZRT one is from a t-shirt I made. Threw in the "Santini skull" since it looked zombie-ish. Any idea who does custom patches? I'd need to know their specs (file size, format etc.) before seriously going to work on one.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Here's another. Threw in the "Santini skull". Any idea who does custom patches? I'd need to know their specs (file size, format etc.) before seriously going to work on one.

That is a good looking idea there, I have a place in TX that made me some patches I will find the link and post it here.

http://www.usapatch.com/index.htm

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Here's another. Threw in the "Santini skull". Any idea who does custom patches? I'd need to know their specs (file size, format etc.) before seriously going to work on one.

That is a good looking idea there, I have a place in TX that made me some patches I will find the link and post it here.

I like this one as well. Maybe in a subdued form with "XCR" below the teeth?

Col Maddog :2rifle:

·
Registered
5,071 Posts
camotech.com can do custom work as well.

Multicam is an option there too.

·
Registered
356 Posts
Are most people interested in an insignia only patch or insignia with text/slogan etc?

I'd like to find a place where I can upload a design according to their specifications.

·
Registered
5,071 Posts
Are most people interested in an insignia only patch or insignia with text/slogan etc?

I'd like to find a place where I can upload a design according to their specifications.

Insignia only is fine by me.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Insignia only or if you do one with text just putting XCR on it would be fine.

XCR-Fin, can you do that you have but put a M4 type stock on one??

·
Registered
571 Posts
I think Terra needs to post a picture of the new stock, that way when it's released our patches won't be out of date!
;D

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
XCR-Fin, obviously you have talent here and if you would be willing to do so, i think a "Santini Skull" with the XCRs crossed below the skull (Pirate like) and the jester's hat like the one below with a letter for XCR on each of the pointy things would be pretty cool. Also maybe a couple of version like that with the crossed XCR behind, below, and maybe the santini skull biting the xcr with the teeth all jacked up representing the strength and reliability of the XCR

Attachments

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Here are two more. The ZRT one is from a t-shirt I made. Threw in the "Santini skull" since it looked zombie-ish. Any idea who does custom patches? I'd need to know their specs (file size, format etc.) before seriously going to work on one.
Don't worry about the size and specs. Just go ahead and drawit up. It doesn't even have to be in color. These guys will take care of the rest.

·
Registered
356 Posts
XCR-Fin, obviously you have talent here and if you would be willing to do so, i think a "Santini Skull" with the XCRs crossed below the skull (Pirate like) and the jester's hat like the one below with a letter for XCR on each of the pointy things would be pretty cool. Also maybe a couple of version like that with the crossed XCR behind, below, and maybe the santini skull biting the xcr with the teeth all jacked up representing the strength and reliability of the XCR
Tell you what. I'll put them up full size so you can copy them if you want to go ahead with the patch. If you need an e-mailed copy just PM me and let me know what format JPEG, GIF, PhotoShop etc. I'll keep cranking them out!

·
Registered
356 Posts
Insignia only or if you do one with text just putting XCR on it would be fine.

XCR-Fin, can you do that you have but put a M4 type stock on one??
Let me check the Gallery and see if I can find a good one to work off of. I can't draw worth a shi+ so I basically take an image off the web and go to work on it.

·
Registered
1,339 Posts

I like this one as well. Maybe in a subdued form with "XCR" below the teeth?
I wonder what causes the fascination with skulls?

In any case, in the above patches there's so little of the rifles visible that putting "XCR" on it seems needed. If the idea is to show identifiable support for the XCR, shouldn't the rifle be the most prominent feature?

·
Registered
356 Posts
In any case, in the above patches there's so little of the rifles visible that putting "XCR" on it seems needed. If the idea is to show identifiable support for the XCR, shouldn't the rifle be the most prominent feature?
Agreed. Two things though, 1 I was going for the skull & cross bones look and 2 when you mirror and overlap the rifles the grips and mags get lost on one another. Just looks like a big black blob. I'll try putting them below again and tweaking the angles to get it to work.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts