XCR Forum banner

781 - 800 of 807 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Ya, you think so eh, there Texas. HAHA. I hear that down in Texas you can dam near shoot anywhere anytime. It's so big in Texas, even the gophers can wear a saddle.

Me, I've never been to Texas, but I'd love to come shoot hogs down there. By YOUTUBE, it looks like it's better than gopher shootin'. Again, lots and everywhere.

·
Registered
4,770 Posts
Ya, you think so eh, there Texas. HAHA. I hear that down in Texas you can dam near shoot anywhere anytime. It's so big in Texas, even the gophers can wear a saddle.

Me, I've never been to Texas, but I'd love to come shoot hogs down there. By YOUTUBE, it looks like it's better than gopher shootin'. Again, lots and everywhere.
I'm not saying the hog is absolutely insane, but we do have a helo industry that's sustained on aerial hog hunts year round. For a paltry 1500 bucks, you can spend the next 2 hours of your life hunting hogs from a chopper with the class 3 of your choice.

From what I remember they also guarantee contact in the first 10 minutes and they also have a min kill money back guarantee. It's pretty crazy.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Greetings all,

I'm a real newbie. No service experience, and coming to shooting late in life. Took a class in Camden, TN and really sparked my interest to learn more. Found the XCR, line and am considering it for my first long gun. I'm here to learn from you guys! I'll be lurking and learning I'm sure it will take awhile for me to get schooled enough to make my first purchase. But hopefully I can learn enough here to feel comfortable with what, where & how much. Thx
Troy

·
Registered
5,840 Posts
Greetings all,

I'm a real newbie. No service experience, and coming to shooting late in life. Took a class in Camden, TN and really sparked my interest to learn more. Found the XCR, line and am considering it for my first long gun. I'm here to learn from you guys! I'll be lurking and learning I'm sure it will take awhile for me to get schooled enough to make my first purchase. But hopefully I can learn enough here to feel comfortable with what, where & how much. Thx
Troy
Welcome!!

·
Registered
175 Posts
XCR would be a stellar choice for your first long gun. You may end up not spending as much time or money on lesser rifles =)

Welcome to the forum.

Greetings all,

Troy

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hello folks, I'm a veteral XCR owner. I bought a XCR-L in 5.56 and 7.62 x39 back in 2009. Bought a XCR pistol back in 2010. Love them both but getting parts is sort of a PITA. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
4,770 Posts
Hello folks, I'm a veteral XCR owner. I bought a XCR-L in 5.56 and 7.62 x39 back in 2009. Bought a XCR pistol back in 2010. Love them both but getting parts is sort of a PITA. Any suggestions?
Whatever anyone tells you....don't hold your breath...and don't go through the factory. Use Navalbeaver or Kermit on here.

·
Registered
5,840 Posts
Thanks for the heads up... Funny thing, Alex Robinson is my personal friend and still takes for ever to get parts. Much appreciated
Yep, funny................................:D

·
Registered
1 Posts
New Director of PR and Marketing Robinson Armament

Hey all, my name is Cole Quarnberg and I am the new Director of PR and Marketing for Robinson. Please feel free to hit me up and talk shop, or shooting. I shoot competitively now with a few major sponsors, and I also am a match director in Utah for the National Rifle League! Look forward to meeting some of you, hope you have a good new year!

·
Registered
22,125 Posts
Hey all, my name is Cole Quarnberg and I am the new Director of PR and Marketing for Robinson. Please feel free to hit me up and talk shop, or shooting. I shoot competitively now with a few major sponsors, and I also am a match director in Utah for the National Rifle League! Look forward to meeting some of you, hope you have a good new year!
Welcome Cole! :)

·
Registered
760 Posts
Hello and welcome to our community
I'm just up the road in Ogden, next time you have a local event please post it I'd love to come check it out.

·
Registered
4 Posts
New here from GA. Just purchased a pre-owned M96, have not shot it yet. Looking for all the info I can find on the rifle and will need others help on issues that may / will come up.
I can not tell if my M96 has any of the required updates, it doesn't look like it from what I can tell. Not sure of the production date.

·
Registered
22,125 Posts
New here from GA. Just purchased a pre-owned M96, have not shot it yet. Looking for all the info I can find on the rifle and will need others help on issues that may / will come up.
I can not tell if my M96 has any of the required updates, it doesn't look like it from what I can tell. Not sure of the production date.
Typically this site isn't a great source of M96 info simply b/c it's primarily geared toward the XCR platform from RA. Regardless, welcome and hopefully some M96 owners will be along to help you with your questions. Best of luck! :)

Reactions: Merlin

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi All ! Good luck guys!
You all seem very happy with your rifles. :cool:
The AR bug has got me for now, xcr next year maybe.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Just signed up for this site!

I am 61 and have been shooting since I was 6. I spent 24 years in the US Army as an 11B and was an 11B-B4 for the last 12 of it. I still love to shoot and hunt and living in north central FL there are no shortage of wild hogs to shoot! Among my stable of "shootin' irons" I have an AR15 carbine, configured almost identically as the M4, less the selector switch of course, and an AR15A2 with a 20" HBAR and Nikon 4-16x42 M-tactical scope on it. It is a true tack driver with my hand loads.

Scott

·
Registered
22,125 Posts
Just signed up for this site!

I am 61 and have been shooting since I was 6. I spent 24 years in the US Army as an 11B and was an 11B-B4 for the last 12 of it. I still love to shoot and hunt and living in north central FL there are no shortage of wild hogs to shoot! Among my stable of "shootin' irons" I have an AR15 carbine, configured almost identically as the M4, less the selector switch of course, and an AR15A2 with a 20" HBAR and Nikon 4-16x42 M-tactical scope on it. It is a true tack driver with my hand loads.

Scott
Welcome Scott! :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi Everyone - David from Iowa here. I was searching for a new .308 rifle recently as that is what I primarily reload for and actually have supplies for. I am used to the M1 platform and the AR10 platform (to a lesser degree) and went over to Brownells convinced I would come home with a SCAR. I came across the XCR-M and after fondling it a bit, I knew I preferred it instantly over everything else in the store. The ergonomics, the solid feel and features like the folding armrest, non-reciprocating charger etc. made the decision for me. After getting home and doing some research on it - It turns out I made a good choice. And for the money I saved over the SCAR I was able to put a Leupold Mark VI on it as well (got the last 3x18 they had for a steal). Anyway I was thrilled to find this forum - it is great to have some knowledgeable people to learn from.

781 - 800 of 807 Posts