XCR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I really don't want gun specific mags. the xcr-l 5.56 is awesome b/c of the ar mag swap, simply put. Could I go out and buy any 'ar 762x39' mag on the market and use it in this conversion kit?

·
Registered
512 Posts
Thats my concern also , a lot of the rifles in the 80s were very nice rifles ,but each one had its own mag.
On anything in a 308 lots of people say the FNH Mag ,but the M14 Mag is a far better Mag ,stronger ,cheap , and it is now offered in a 25 round that is only 3/4 of an inch longer than to 20.

·
Registered
6,835 Posts
the 7.62x39 mag was designed from the ground up to work in any weapon that took a NATO/STANAG type magazine. C-Products didn't go through all the trouble to test and produce x39 mags just for the XCR. There are other companies out there doing x39 in ARs as we speak. I can't think of who off the top of my head but I remember hearing there was a huge demand for x39 mags for ARs.

I hope this answered your question.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No, I am thick headed, or perhaps to many words were wasted in that answer that muddled it. Can you buy another brand besides c-mags for the xcr in 762x39?

·
Registered
6,528 Posts
supposedly yes.

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
Yes you can, that said most don't work worth a F**K! I have owned a Colt 7.62x39 AR-15 Upper for years. I have purchased many mags for it and most have problems. The more rounds in the magazine the more chance of a jam. My take ,,,, part follower and part "curve" of the magazine. I have a bastard AK/AR-15 weld that works great. Just looks funny as shit. Note the new C- products has one hell of a curve on it. I hope C products comes out with a good 15 & 20 rounder that works. :2cents:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts