XCR Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ordering my XCR tomorrow and need it CT legal. Cant have a flash hider so i need a muzzle brake.
I need to know if their muzzle brake post ban compliant or should I get something else and have them install it.

Thanks
Chris

·
Registered
5,177 Posts
It comes down to length requirements, as far as I understand it. Every state's laws are different, though. In NY and NJ they must have permanently attached muzzle breaks - but in CA they don't necessarily have to be permanently attached. The best thing to do is talk to a dealer you know and trust and find out more about your local guns laws and what they mean for your XCR.

·
Registered
2,031 Posts
RA uses the standard A2 flash hider on all standard configuration rifles, as far as I know. So, if your state law says that you can't have a flash hider, then yes, your rifle will have to be changed from the standard configuration to use a different muzzle device.... better figure out whether it can be threaded on or not while you are at it.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It has to be permed attached in CT also. Not sure about the lenght requirement. I will ask him today.
I will be ordering online today and my FFL will be faxing his lincense to you.
Terra I will be calling later to order. Have to find out about the muzzle brake thing first

·
Registered
207 Posts
RA uses the standard A2 flash hider on all standard configuration rifles, as far as I know. So, if your state law says that you can't have a flash hider, then yes, your rifle will have to be changed from the standard configuration to use a different muzzle device.... better figure out whether it can be threaded on or not while you are at it.
I may be wrong, but I think the muzzle brake is std for 7.62X39. At least my dealer purchased one came that way.

·
Registered
2,031 Posts
Oops... yes, I was thinking about 5.56 rifles only. I don't know what the other chamberings come with. I guess a 5.56 muzzle device wouldn't work too well with a bigger caliber bullet... heh.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
This is what the law states.
(2) A part or combination of parts designed or intended to convert a firearm into an assault weapon, as defined in subdivision (1) of this subsection, or any combination of parts from which an assault weapon, as defined in subdivision (1) of this subsection, may be rapidly assembled if those parts are in the possession or under the control of the same person;

(3) Any semiautomatic firearm not listed in subdivision (1) of this subsection that meets the following criteria:

(A) A semiautomatic rifle that has an ability to accept a detachable magazine and has at least two of the following:

(i) A folding or telescoping stock;

(ii) A pistol grip that protrudes conspicuously beneath the action of the weapon;

(iii) A bayonet mount;

(iv) A flash suppressor or threaded barrel designed to accommodate a flash suppressor; and

(v) A grenade launcher; or

(B) A semiautomatic pistol that has an ability to accept a detachable magazine and has at least two of the following:

(i) An ammunition magazine that attaches to the pistol outside of the pistol grip;

(ii) A threaded barrel capable of accepting a barrel extender, flash suppressor, forward handgrip or silencer;

(iii) A shroud that is attached to, or partially or completely encircles, the barrel and that permits the shooter to hold the firearm with the nontrigger hand without being burned;

(iv) A manufactured weight of fifty ounces or more when the pistol is unloaded; and

(v) A semiautomatic version of an automatic firearm; or

(C) A semiautomatic shotgun that has at least two of the following:

(i) A folding or telescoping stock;

(ii) A pistol grip that protrudes conspicuously beneath the action of the weapon;

(iii) A fixed magazine capacity in excess of five rounds; and

(iv) An ability to accept a detachable magazine; or

(4) A part or combination of parts designed or intended to convert a firearm into an assault weapon, as defined in subdivision (3) of this subsection, or any combination of parts from which an assault weapon, as defined in subdivision (3) of this subsection, may be rapidly assembled if those parts are in the possession or under the control of the same person.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Still may send you a muzzle brake. Checking to see what is out there now that is CT legal. May do a Troy ind.

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Dang dude. Those are some suck ass gun restrictions.

I'm adding CT to my short list of States I never want to live in! :mad:

·
Registered
6,835 Posts
yeah, really sucks that states pass laws that make absolutely no sense.

·
Registered
390 Posts
I'm in California, I feel your pain...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts