XCR Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
6,835 Posts
I have seen that stuff advertised on Gunbroker before, I have heard of a few guys trying to get it to cycle in an AR but were not able to, even drilling out the gas port and using a dead buffer spring. I guess it wouldn't hurt to get a box or 2 but unless you want it for the brass you would get tired of shooting single shot 1K times.

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ok, I got a box... :-\

No big surprise, it won't cycle my well lubed XCR. I don't even think it was close.

It is a bit like shooting blanks, with the XCR sounding like it is almost spitting the plastic bullet.

The brass is fine and probably could be reloaded.

:p

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
That's my assessment, but I don't reload. I'll bring them to the Cove Va shoot on Saturday and see what 1redgmc and Aussie think.
I suppose it is possible they could cycle a surpressed XCR. Not sure

Is $130/1000 for primed brass a good deal?

·
Registered
6,835 Posts
Depends if it is Berdan primed, if it is I wouldn't want it as i could only use it once.

·
Registered
2,031 Posts
Personally I'd want some very reliable independent confirmation that the brass and primers from some sort of rubber-bullet riot control ammo were up to the task of being loaded to full pressure with real bullets before trying it... thats got potential disaster written all over it.

·
Registered
6,532 Posts
Drop the primer out a weigh the brass. If it's close try a light lllload with a lightweight frangible. If that goes ok, work your way up.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts