XCR Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy y'all,
I got home from fighting fires in AZ last night and my XCR had arrived while I was gone! Went to the shop this morning and picked her up (along with a Win. model 12 solid rib 20 ga from the late 20's). First thing I did when I got her home was disassemble her and have a looky see, then I mounted the 416 sights (which look awesome), then I loaded 10 magazines for a trip to the range, THEN we had a turd floater rain storm. Sheesh. To the range manana to break her in and use the last mag or two to zero in the HK diopter sight business. Have to do it tomorrow as I've been ordered up for the "California Firestorm 2008" BS going on over on the left side of the map (off to LaLa land on thursday).

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
Lube Hell out of it with Militech1 during break-in.... and no problemo. :duh:

·
Registered
2,839 Posts
Howdy y'all,
I got home from fighting fires in AZ last night and my XCR had arrived while I was gone! Went to the shop this morning and picked her up (along with a Win. model 12 solid rib 20 ga from the late 20's). First thing I did when I got her home was disassemble her and have a looky see, then I mounted the 416 sights (which look awesome), then I loaded 10 magazines for a trip to the range, THEN we had a turd floater rain storm. Sheesh. To the range manana to break her in and use the last mag or two to zero in the HK diopter sight business. Have to do it tomorrow as I've been ordered up for the "California Firestorm 2008" BS going on over on the left side of the map (off to LaLa land on thursday).
Nice man. Post pics and share the joy

·
Registered
6,835 Posts
Seat, that is great. Enjoy the shooting then fly safe.

·
Registered
356 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I got the HK sights on one of the HK parts websites, I'm sorry I don't remember the name. I just googled "HK 416 diopter sights" and tracked them down that way. Just sitting here in the PR of Cali scratching a bald spot onto my head wondering why they are so f'd up here. No wonder they burn to the ground every year.

·
Registered
712 Posts
Howdy y'all,
Hey

From the sound of this post you're a fire fighter. Are you a smoke jumper by chance?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Tanker pilot. I got sprung from Cali and am now in Oregon.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts