XCR Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Yes it is! I love this time of year. I have two sons playing High School ball. One a Frosh and the other a Sophmore on JV. It is nice to have them close again. Saves a lot of gas too! The Bash Brothers have not been together since 3rd & 4th grade.

GR8, something the kids on defense came up with this year. Instead of ready....break!

The defense captain calls the "D" and says "Hit!" The response by the rest of the team: "Hard!

It sounds cool on the field! ;D

·
Registered
2,142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks everyone for the words of encouragement. Maddog, that's a great cadence for the defense. We may implement that. I can't wait to get going. Working with the kids and building a team that performs together as one cohesive unit is extremely rewarding!

·
Registered
874 Posts
From the video the kids look pretty good. I remember from coaching baseball and Hockey that it can pretty rewarding to see the little guys succeed.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Is that Nero on the sideline around the 3:29 mark? Do you and Wolf have different teams? I heard they were taking knees on 1st downs in the 2nd quarter.

·
Registered
2,142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Is that Nero on the sideline around the 3:29 mark? Do you and Wolf have different teams? I heard they were taking knees on 1st downs in the 2nd quarter.
Yep, that's Norman Nero coaching the defense. Wolfe and I have different teams. Our record since we joined the league is 29-5. His is 2-8. He may get us this year, though. Tonight, we had 28 points out of our first 8 offensive plays.

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
gr8,

Are you using "hit - hard" on defense?

CMD

·
Registered
2,142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I know that none of you cares, but we played tonight in a battle of the two unbeaten teams in the league. We were down 28-18 at halftime, but our mighty midgets came back to win 31-28. Such a great group of kids. We're lucky to get to coach them!

·
Registered
356 Posts
I know that none of you cares, but we played tonight in a battle of the two unbeaten teams in the league. We were down 28-18 at halftime, but our mighty midgets came back to win 31-28. Such a great group of kids. We're lucky to get to coach them!
Congrats man! Any of those midgets your own?

·
Registered
384 Posts
ok santini 3 questions.

1 is that braveheart music in the 1st video?

2 is the yellow team the one your coaching?

3 is that you in the blue jogging pants?

by the way, liked the 80s rock in second vid.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts