Registered
22,658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

OSHA Vaccine Mandate Released, 84 Million Workers Face Jan. 4 Deadline

By Nick Ciolino

November 4, 2021 Updated: November 4, 2021

biggersmaller
Print

The Biden administration has released the new rule from the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) requiring 84 million private sector workers to get vaccinated for COVID-19.
The administration has also announced its rule from the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Assistance (CMS) requiring 17 million healthcare workers participating in federal health programs to be vaccinated.
The White House is also pushing back the deadline for workers in those sectors, as well as federal contractors, to get fully vaccinated to Jan. 4, 2022, according to a senior administration official.
“We wanted to do this because we’re really aligning it to make it easier—to
make it as easy as possible for businesses to implement these requirements and for workers to comply,” said the official, when asked about pushing back the deadline.

The Biden administration had received multiple letters from industries requesting the deadline for vaccination be moved back until after the holiday season.

The OSHA rule requires employers with 100 or more employees to put vaccine requirements in place for all staff, or face fines of up to $14,000 per violation. The agency is allowed to put into place an Emergency Temporary Standard (ETS) when it determines workers are at “grave risk.”

Under the rule, workers who are not vaccinated are required to submit a weekly negative COVID test at no expense to their employer. Unvaccinated workers are also required to wear masks when on the job. Health care workers do not have the testing option.

The ETS requires employers to determine and keep record of the vaccination status of each employee and report all COVID deaths and hospitalizations to OSHA.

The rule takes effect immediately upon publication, scheduled for Oct. 5, in the federal register.

White House officials say the new ETS is well within OSHA’s authority under the law and consistent with OSHA’s requirements to protect workers from health and safety hazards, including infectious diseases.

Officials claim there is well-established legal precedent for OSHA’s authority to evaluate existing scientific evidence and apply data to develop safety and health standards.

The ETS says it preempts state and local laws that ban or limit an employer from requiring vaccination, face covering, or testing.

Texas Gov. Greg Abbott issued an executive order Oct. 11 banning Texas businesses from requiring vaccines for employees, or customers.

And Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis filed suit Oct. 28 against the Biden Administration’s order requiring employees of federal contractors to be vaccinated.

Several Republican governors and attorneys general have vowed to fight the new OSHA rule in court

·
Registered
22,658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·

·
Registered
6,001 Posts
What is the correct slang here? Not based?

I'm curious to see where this goes in court. I would expect the SCOTUS to rule in favor of the Executive, unless they choose to depart from the existing case law.

FWIW, requiring unvaccinated workers to wear masks is pure political posturing and not scientifically grounded. Vaccinated people pass the virus along just as much unvaccinated people. In fact, they probably spread it more because they are far less likely to be symptomatic, so they don't even know to isolate themselves.

·
Registered
6,001 Posts
It's an interesting political decision. With the off year election results, it seems like doubling down on a losing strategy probably isn't the best decision. But then, President Brandon doesn't always seem very connected to reality.

·
Registered
40 Posts
A corporation is a filing of paperwork.
Everyone has heard of shell corporations and the like. Things end up owned by other things. One owner is not limited to the number of corporations they can own. Pieces of business get split up for tax purposes, to be sold off, etc.

As soon as I heard the "100 employees" number, my immediate thought was:

"Split the dang thing up and file one corporation for every 99 workers".

·
Registered
22,658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
What is the correct slang here? Not based?

I'm curious to see where this goes in court. I would expect the SCOTUS to rule in favor of the Executive, unless they choose to depart from the existing case law.

FWIW, requiring unvaccinated workers to wear masks is pure political posturing and not scientifically grounded. Vaccinated people pass the virus along just as much unvaccinated people. In fact, they probably spread it more because they are far less likely to be symptomatic, so they don't even know to isolate themselves.
Agreed. ACB has already indicated she supports government claims over our bodies...in the case of vaccines specifically. SCOTUS will rubber stamp this.

·
Registered
132 Posts
In fact, they probably spread it more because they are far less likely to be symptomatic, so they don't even know to isolate themselves.
Also compromised immune system from getting the jab in the first place. Death numbers for vaccinated are being manipulated, just like at the beginning where motor cycle accidents were considered covid deaths. Just in the opposite direction, to obfuscate it.

CASES CASES CASES

Because it's a bigger number, then post vaccination the narrative shifted. Giant psyop

·
Registered
6,001 Posts
I don't think there is any doubt that this is a data apocalypse. There are just way too many people/groups/powers that have a vested interest in slanting the data one way or another. I doubt we'll ever see any meaningful numbers on this mess.

·
Registered
22,658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I don't think there is any doubt that this is a data apocalypse. There are just way too many people/groups/powers that have a vested interest in slanting the data one way or another. I doubt we'll ever see any meaningful numbers on this mess.
Yeah, both sides are doing their level best at fear mongering....

Ah....to actually believe in telling the truth. I feel like a fool for believing that should still be a thing.

·
Registered
119 Posts
What case law are you seeing? The vast majority of these temporary order that were challenged in court have been struck down because OSHA exceeded their legal authority. Plus, existing case law (not to mention the Constitution) does not give the federal government the authority to mandate vaccines, though it does give states such authority.

·
Registered
22,658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
What case law are you seeing? The vast majority of these temporary order that were challenged in court have been struck down because OSHA exceeded their legal authority. Plus, existing case law (not to mention the Constitution) does not give the federal government the authority to mandate vaccines, though it does give states such authority.
I'd imagine he's referencing the 1905 and 1922 SCOTUS cases.....Jacobson v. MA and Zucht v. King

Granted, they upheld that STATES had the power to do this....in our current world of American politics, it's not a stretch to say that the federal government will claim authority under the abused 'general welfare' clause and the courts will agree. Lower courts may not....but my guess is federal courts will rule in favor of themselves gaining even more power....as Jefferson put it,
“You seem to consider the judges as the ultimate arbiters of all constitutional questions; a very dangerous doctrine indeed, and one which would place us under the despotism of an oligarchy. Our judges are as honest as other men, and not more so. They have, with others, the same passions for party, for power, and the privilege of their corps.... Their power [is] the more dangerous as they are in office for life, and not responsible, as the other functionaries are, to the elective control. The Constitution has erected no such single tribunal, knowing that to whatever hands confided, with the corruptions of time and party, its members would become despots. It has more wisely made all the departments co-equal and co-sovereign within themselves.”

Art Font Vintage clothing Suit History

·
Registered
22,658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
So much for the theory that the ETS would take 6 months to implement.

·
Registered
259 Posts
A corporation is a filing of paperwork.
Everyone has heard of shell corporations and the like. Things end up owned by other things. One owner is not limited to the number of corporations they can own. Pieces of business get split up for tax purposes, to be sold off, etc.

As soon as I heard the "100 employees" number, my immediate thought was:

"Split the dang thing up and file one corporation for every 99 workers".
Hate to poop in the Corn Pops, but they have their sights set on everyone…

·
Registered
22,658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Hate to poop in the Corn Pops, but they have their sights set on everyone…
Yeah...saw that too and couldnt' find it anywhere but on EpochTimes....can't read the article b/c I already read the one I copied/pasted above.

EDIT It let me access it from your link....here it is for those not wishing to go there:

OSHA COVID-19 Vaccine Rule May Be Expanded to Small Businesses: Labor Department

By Zachary Stieber

November 4, 2021 Updated: November 4, 2021

biggersmaller
Print

The Biden administration’s emergency COVID-19 vaccination requirement released today could be expanded in the future to employers who have fewer than 100 workers.
The emergency temporary standard, issued by the Labor Department’s Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) and scheduled to go into effect on Friday, is presented as only applying to firms that have 100 or more employees.
But OSHA is seeking public comments on that aspect of the standard, and it may be ultimately expanded to include smaller businesses, the agency said in the 490-page document.
OSHA said it is “soliciting stakeholder comment and additional information to determine whether to adjust the scope of the ETS,” or emergency standard, “to address smaller employers in the future.”
The agency is seeking perspectives from employers, it indicated (pdf).

“OSHA seeks information about the ability of employers with fewer than 100 employees to implement COVID-19 vaccination and/or testing programs,” it said.
“Have you instituted vaccination mandates (with or without alternatives), or requirements for regular COVID-19 testing or face covering use? What have been the benefits of your approach? What challenges have you had or could you foresee in implementing such programs? Is there anything specific to your industry, or the size of your business, that poses particular obstacles in implementing the requirements in this standard? How much time would it take, what types of costs would you incur, and how much would it cost for you to implement such requirements?”
The standard takes effect on Friday but also serves as a proposal under the Occupational Safety and Health Act. That means OSHA is seeking feedback and may adjust the finalized version based on the comments.
The standard forces many private employers to require proof of COVID-19 vaccination from workers or submit to COVID-19 testing on a regular basis, at least once a week.
Workers who refuse to provide proof must be compelled to wear masks.
The deadline to comply is Jan. 4, 2022.
Administration officials assert OSHA has the authority to promulgate such a rule because the COVID-19 pandemic presents an emergency and the agency is bestowed powers through the OSH Act.
Critics say the regulation is government overreach and outside the authority of OSHA. Dozens of attorneys general have vowed to sue over the standard and Republican members of Congress are gearing up to try to strike it down.
Penalties for noncompliance include a $14,000 fine for a single violation, an administration official told reporters in a call late Wednesday.

·
Registered
6,001 Posts

·
Registered
22,658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Allegedly, several state AGs have this set to go off today....

·
Registered
119 Posts
My company didn't get picked by the state of Georgia to participate in Georgia's lawsuit. They picked two other companies and an individual. I don't know the details, but I'm guessing that they'd be able to make a better case with the other companies.

I'm guessing that about half of the people at my business have had the shot, perhaps a bit more. Most of the rest are dug in and are not willing to get it no matter what. The most vocal seem to be the ones that have had Covid. Even though they know we're against the mandate, we've had people ask if we're going to have to require it. We've told our employees two things; (1) Nobody will be asked, compelled, forced, coerced, etc. to get a shot. (2) Everybody will be treated the same. So, if those tools force us to wear masks, then everyone will wear masks. If they force us to test, then everyone will get tested. Hopefully this crap gets shelved before it gets to that point. Biden is way overplaying his hand on this. People will not forget it.

·
Registered
22,658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
My company didn't get picked by the state of Georgia to participate in Georgia's lawsuit. They picked two other companies and an individual. I don't know the details, but I'm guessing that they'd be able to make a better case with the other companies.

I'm guessing that about half of the people at my business have had the shot, perhaps a bit more. Most of the rest are dug in and are not willing to get it no matter what. The most vocal seem to be the ones that have had Covid. Even though they know we're against the mandate, we've had people ask if we're going to have to require it. We've told our employees two things; (1) Nobody will be asked, compelled, forced, coerced, etc. to get a shot. (2) Everybody will be treated the same. So, if those tools force us to wear masks, then everyone will wear masks. If they force us to test, then everyone will get tested. Hopefully this crap gets shelved before it gets to that point. Biden is way overplaying his hand on this. People will not forget it.
Good on you and your company. I pray to God my employer will have similar intestinal fortitude, but if he doesn't....I guess I'll start my own business. Hell, that may be the kick in the pants I need anyway.

And to be clear, it's not that I believe COVID is a made up disease or that the vaccines are definitely harmful. It is that we simply don't know the long term ramifications of this vaccine and even the under reporting in VAERS would seem to indicate some serious questions about not only the potential side effects but also the overall efficacy of the shots considering the prevalence of breakthrough cases and waning immunity in relatively short order when compared to the immunity conveyed by actual infection.

In short, I'm very in tune with my body and a healthy lifestyle. I don't drink, use drugs and try to closely monitor what I put in my body. I workout regularly, run 6 minute mile pace at over 200 lbs, and still am pretty strong for an old man. For me, in my age group, the risk of getting COVID doesn't justify the unknown risk of the vaccine. And more importantly (most importantly)....this mandate is a violation of my right to bodily autonomy. If they can force this issue, attack my livelihood and put my health at unknown risk, there is literally NOTHING they cannot claim they hold over us all. They are loudly proclaiming us all wards of the state and that they own us. I cannot and will not agree to those terms. It's an affront to the very notions of freedom of choice and a direct assault on liberty.

"Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!"

1 - 20 of 29 Posts