XCR Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just wondering if any of you are familiar with the Joe Horn case here in Houston?

http://www.khou.com/topstories/stories/khou080627_tnt_pasadenaprotestfolo.45b577dd.html

The city is pretty evenly divided on the matter, at least it seems that way by reading the paper. Either he is a hero to some or a racist to others. The anti-gun folks are having a field day with it. I was just wondering about your thoughts on this interesting case. What would you have done in his situation?

·
Registered
512 Posts
This has been posted on every forum for wind generators to post hole diggers.
This is an example of how Americans are letting this Happen , so we now have the Media and others saying he is a Raciest.
I suppose they would think it would be fine if these guys had killed him ?
I guess it was fine that MS13 illegals Murdered my cousin because they were Mexican?
oh man she was just an old woman , and the Liberals are right ,most Americans do not have the back bone to face them.
Obama ,we hide in fear clutching our bibles and our guns.
Well i guess he got that one right.

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was just surprised at the uproar in the editorial section of the paper. The grand jury acquits him and we have folks wanting to protest in his neighborhood. I really hate to say this but if Mr Horn was anything other than a white male, the response would have been lower key. The protesters are twisting the facts by saying he shot them in the back but in actuality the criminals ran towards him and he feared for his safety. A police officer saw the whole thing as he pulled up. The guys were robbing his neighbor's house, he told them to stop, and they ran towards him then he fired. Let's not forget that these guys were criminals, one with a prior conviction, and they were in the country illegally (again) after being deported. But they blame the poor homeowner. Would I have done anything different...I honestly don't know. It is very hard to play Monday morning quarterback in stressful situations like this one. The critics fault him for being judge, jury and executioner rather than letting the system handle it.

·
Registered
512 Posts
System handle it?
Not directed to you MrChem ,but that system did lots for our family ,yes sir ,thats one fine system. Hot damn ,i feel better already.
And i have all the faith in Gun Owners sticking up for one another .
SCOTUS ruling , Gun Owners 6 , Liberals 170 , Brady center 90.
The man representing gun owners like you and me had been a Mod.on a forum 10 years , He asked its members if they would help after reading them rant about what they would do ,they better not ,and I'm gonna ,same crap i see also.
OH hell Yea , they all was going to be there ,and some others also .
This man even paid for this ,come time to show it was only him and his family representing you and me as gun owners for the Media.
The Liberal protesters spit on them ,beat them ,and his daughter received 7 stitches from being hit in the head with a bottle.
A laughing liberal Woman said to the cameras , We are right in this , Americans and Gun Owners know it ,and they are afraid.
Cowards ,who talk big with a gun ,but Pu$$ys in a real fight.
Meanwhile we march on to the next battle in this ,while they fight among themselves.

Then what Obama said , it seems they know us well , and i do believe gun owners for the most part wouldn't spend a night in jail on a misdemeanor disorderly charge for the right to bear arms.
Our enemy knows us well ,and you can bet their leaders are watching this bait tactic.
MrChem ,it is no surprise to me . Conservatives and gun owners are about as organized as a Meth head being followed by the Cops.
You can see this in Congress , Gov. offices . They know they can push us around ,or they are trying to bait us into something.

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It seems to me the system did handle at least one of them before and look what happens, he comes back into the US and starts committing crimes again. Did the two guys deserve to die? No, but when you are breaking in a home and someone challenges you with a shotgun, the smart thing to do is surrender, not charge or threaten the guy. I was looking at a national CNN poll and about 65% agreed with the grand jury which to me seems it goes deeper than just a liberal vs conservative battle. I could be wrong but it just seems like there are more factors in play here. Luckily, I live in Texas where the gun laws are fair and reasonable and not likely to change anytime soon. I think a good litmus test is to see how DC's crime rate is affected by the Supreme courts ruling.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Luckily, I live in Texas where the gun laws are fair and reasonable and not likely to change anytime soon. I think a good litmus test is to see how DC's crime rate is affected by the Supreme courts ruling.
Can you imagine if this happened in another state ...say like NY, CA or IL ?

Glad to be in Texas, too!

·
Registered
512 Posts
DC will still blame the surrounding States ,these people live in a state of denial.

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I found this on the net:

(A) The number of physicians in the U.S. is 700,000.
(B) Accidental deaths caused by Physicians per year are 120,000.
(C) Accidental deaths per physician is 0.171.

(Statistics courtesy of U.S. Dept. of Health Human Services)

Guns
(A) The number of gun owners in the U.S. is 80,000,000.
Yes, that is 80 million.

(B) The number of accidental gun deaths per year, all age groups, is 1,500.
(C) The number of accidental deaths per gun owner is 0.000188.

Statistically, doctors are approximately 9,000 times more dangerous than gun owners.
Remember, "Guns don't kill people, doctors do."

FACT: NOT EVERYONE HAS A GUN, BUT ALMOST EVERYONE HAS AT LEAST ONE DOCTOR.

Please alert your friends to this alarming threat. We must ban doctors before this gets completely out of hand!

Out of concern for the public at large, I have withheld the statistics on lawyers for fear the shock would cause people to panic and seek medical attention.

·
Registered
874 Posts
If this happened in Canada he would have gotten 25 years to life in prison when the man did what any good neighbour would do. Who cares what color, religion, sexual orientation or ethnicity these guys were. They were commiting a crime and threatened this man, would have done the same in his situation.

·
Registered
512 Posts
Farm and food related processing Deaths per year are 43,000.00
We need to ban eating !!!
Stress related deaths resulting from IRS audits are 2,700 per year.
More people have died riding in Ted Kennedy's car than killed by a 50 cal Barrett rifle in the US .
The NRA posted that the number of deaths resulting in trampling ,heat stroke ,drug over doses , and falls were higher in people taking part in pro anti gun rallies than gun deaths.

·
Registered
3,296 Posts
Actually, I view this case as a victory for the American way of justice. A jury looked at his actions, and said "damn right, I wish this guy lived next door."

Where do I send the donation to his legal fund?

tk

·
Registered
573 Posts
If this would happen to a few more criminals, maybe they'd start to catch on... 8)

·
Registered
573 Posts
If this would happen to a few more criminals, maybe they'd start to catch on... 8)
Isn't this kind of the reason CCW has or can reduce crime?
Exactly. It is proof positive to would be criminals that more citizens are armed and willing to defend themselves.

I don't wish death on anyone. But I do believe that the deaths of these two at the hands of Joe Horn will serve to prevent other crimes and therefore other deaths. 8)

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
Re: Joe Horn acquittal

THIS MORNING ON THE NEWS. A 85 YEAR OLD GREAT GRANMA HELD A 17 YEAR OLD THUG (THAT BROKE INTO HER HOUSE) BY GUN POINT, UNTILL POILCE ARRIVED. SHE MADE HIM CALL THE POILCE, WHILE SHE HELD AN OLD .22 REVOLVER ON HIM.

·
Registered
3,296 Posts
Reminds me of my mom. I can remember being a little kid, 5 or 6 or so, and her chasing some guy out of the house with her brother's double-barreled 12-gauge. The fellow just walked in the front while we were all in the back yard. We walked in the house, and there he was.

I think that's what made my mother realize she wanted to have guns in her house.

tk

1 - 16 of 16 Posts