1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
874 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
14" barrel with 1 in 7" twist the barrel length includes the flash hider
Diopter rear sight
Green furniture

I broke down and purchased one of these puppies. I know VB is really going to be jealous. Should have it in my possesion on Friday after it ships Tuesday. I will post photos when I get it. Costly my god I paid 2799 for the thing. I also purchased a top rail for the thing so I can mount a scope on the rifle later down the road.

·
Registered
6,835 Posts
Man that is a lot of cash, did you order spare mags too? For that price I hope it came with a few.

·
Registered
2,839 Posts
14" barrel with 1 in 7" twist the barrel length includes the flash hider
Diopter rear sight
Green furniture

I broke down and purchased one of these puppies. I know VB is really going to be jealous. Should have it in my possesion on Friday after it ships Tuesday. I will post photos when I get it. Costly my god I paid 2799 for the thing. I also purchased a top rail for the thing so I can mount a scope on the rifle later down the road.
I'm sending Lex and email right now, asking him to ban you from this forum :p :D

Nice score man. The 55x is truly one of the best 5.56 carbines ever made. Post pics when you pick it up. Though, can you explain why the XCR had to have an 18" barrel while you can get a 551 with a 14" barrel...

·
Registered
874 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well because the US state department won't allow the export of firearms with barrels shorter than 16" but they make it easier for companies to export ones with longer barrels as there is less red tape. Plus in Canada rifles with 18.5" and longer you can use to hunt and plink off range. The Swiss have no such rules about export and I can buy any length barrel rifle I wish in Canada but if its shorter than 18.5" then its a range/home defense item only. I could have bought the shorter yet Swiss Arms 552 if I had liked but I figured the loss of velocity is not worth the shorter barrel. Plus the civie version of this 551 is practically identical to the real select fire model minus the fun setting on the selector.

·
Registered
874 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ya at P&D the thing is 2999. I wasn't going to pay 2 extra hundred for it then the going price elsewhere in Canada. I bought mine from the shooting edge in Calgary instead and I didn't get the CQB/552 I bought the classic carbine 551.

·
Registered
5 Posts
it has a rail on it though. either way, if it wasn't a range gun, I would have one. they are sweet. If you're ever around e-town we'll have to go blast some gophers. 45gr bthp fuck em up. cheers.

·
Registered
874 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hey I am off for 30 days from November 8th to December 8th. I could arrange to come down. Only a 4 hour drive from Fort Mac. I could bring my Tavor, XCR, M14, and SG 551. Maybe catch an Oil game too while I am down.

·
Registered
874 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Ok I just picked it up from the post office about an hour ago and I promised pictures so here they are. By the way I haven't installed the top rail for the thing yet.

The Sig 551 14 inch barrel 1 in 7 twist

The Sig 551 with its buttstock folded.

The Sig 551 with my Tavor and XCR

The Sig 551 with all my babies.

Hope you guys like the pics.

·
Registered
923 Posts
I am waiting on a range report

I never did like the looks of the Sigs but all I hear about the original Sigs is that they are good rifles I hope you enjoy it

·
Registered
874 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I feel sick :'(
Me Too. Gorgeous weapon. Hey Smitty, honestly is there any movement in the front handguard? Say slightly to the rear etc? Oh and talk about sick; your M14S is all that. Well done.
Actually there is a little play in the front handguard. Everything else is tight.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Me Too. Gorgeous weapon. Hey Smitty, honestly is there any movement in the front handguard? Say slightly to the rear etc? Oh and talk about sick; your M14S is all that. Well done.
Actually there is a little play in the front handguard. Everything else is tight.
Thanks. I had suspected that the 551 handguard fit was identical for the Swiss gun v the 556. Oh the Tavor is sweet as well. Can you guys get the MSAR STG 556 AUG clone? Just got one and its very nice.

·
Registered
874 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Thanks. I had suspected that the 551 handguard fit was identical for the Swiss gun v the 556. Oh the Tavor is sweet as well. Can you guys get the MSAR STG 556 AUG clone? Just got one and its very nice.
Nope we can't get the MSAR STG 556 AUG clone as they are considered an AUG variant which is a prohibited weapon in Canada. :mad:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts