XCR Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, just found this site, pretty cool 8).

This rifle is definitely my new favorite! Now I need to stock up on mags and ammo.

I do have one question though. When did these quit coming into the states?

Mine was made in 2006 and has "Russian-American Armory Co. Scottsburg, IN" cleanly engraved on the bottom of the reciever. However, it does still have the "Robinson Armament" casted in the stock. I emailed Russian-American and haven't gotten a response yet (I didn't buy it from them). Anyone have any clues?

·
Registered
923 Posts
Welcome to the family JC

about your question I have no idea you might want to check with Terra on that one

·
Registered
17 Posts
It was a couple of years ago. From what I know the Russian company Molot , that built the VEPR was in a court battle with another Russian gun making company. Can't remember the exact reason for the lawsuite. Anyway, the other company won, making anyone who had contracts with Molot void. There was some more VEPRS that came in but they were built by someone else and I don't know if they were built as well as Robinson built there VEPRs. If you like your VERP you should look up the VEPR KTR, it was a VERP K that was sent to KREBS and they did some nice changes that made the VEPR even better.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the responses, I'll be taking it to the range this weekend to kill some milk jugs. Hope I remember to take some pics. I'll post them here.

·
Registered
923 Posts
Thanks for the responses, I'll be taking it to the range this weekend to kill some milk jugs. Hope I remember to take some pics. I'll post them here.
If you dont remeber the camera a range report will suffice ;D

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well, Just got back from the range. What a great all around rifle this thing is. I could shoot it all day long. I brought my other AK (WASR 10) in 7.62x39, 30-06 bolt action, and the Sig 229. All are a blast to shoot but I kept putting them down and picking up the VEPR. It's more accurate than I was expecting it to be, but what really suprised me was how cool it stays. I guess it's that heavy thick barrel absorbing it all. Anyway here are a couple of pics from the range, it was a beautiful day here in Kentucky for shooting.

·
Registered
923 Posts
looks like you had a good time

1 - 11 of 11 Posts