XCR Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright, so for the past year and change I've been wanting my XCR. The gun nut that worked in my shop in Fallujah back in '07 raved about how advanced it was, the combination of technology...everything that makes it such a hot weapon. So last night, Obama gets elected :duh:. My personal opinion is that our gun rights will be violated like a virgin frat boy in prison and so I finally decided to just get it on the charge card! By the time the payment is due, our country will probably be bankrupt and the capitol will be in Beijing so what the heck, right?! But I'm pretty damn excited to know that in a month or two I'll get home from my latest school and have a brand new XCR waiting for me!!!

In the meantime, how many people do their own reloading? Once I do pay it off (given we still have a currency system) I'd like to go and get some regular shooting in but money is tight. If anyone can shoot me some good ideas as to where to start reading, good equipment, ammo, etc I'd really appreciate it!

·
Registered
129 Posts
Start collecting brass, TH. You can load .223 for about 15 cents a round, plus brass. If you have a couple of bucketfuls ready to go when you start reloading life will be much easier.

·
Registered
6,835 Posts
Collect Brass. Get a reloading book, all of the major manufacturers have them and discuss reloading in detail. There are a few package deals out there to start reloading, most are pretty reasonable. You wont be able to load 1000 in an hour but you will be able to reload. I think there is a book called Reloading ABCs or something like that.

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Collect Brass. Get a reloading book, all of the major manufacturers have them and discuss reloading in detail. There are a few package deals out there to start reloading, most are pretty reasonable. You wont be able to load 1000 in an hour but you will be able to reload. I think there is a book called Reloading ABCs or something like that.
Sounds easy enough! I'm heading over towards Bisbee, AZ, for the next few weeks...I wish I could get my hands on my new toy in time to take it along! From what I understand, they've got some great ranges out on the border there. The real good ones even have moving targets on them which would be great...:sniper::bolt:

I'll try to pick up a book for the flight at least, thanks!

·
Registered
6,835 Posts
Sounds easy enough! I'm heading over towards Bisbee, AZ, for the next few weeks...I wish I could get my hands on my new toy in time to take it along! From what I understand, they've got some great ranges out on the border there. The real good ones even have moving targets on them which would be great...:sniper::bolt:

I'll try to pick up a book for the flight at least, thanks!
Bisbee, what the heck is there to do in Bisbee? There is a public range between Bisbee and SV on highway 90, about 2-4 miles from the intersection of 80 and 90 when coming from SV. It is on the left and i think it is closed on Tuesdays. Open at noon other days. They were doing lots of upgrades when I left that area but they had steel out to 500m.

I used to go shooting in a canyon just north of highway 82 heading out of Huachuca City. I think it is called Dry canyon. It was nice to just go out there by myself and shoot without being disturbed.

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Actually I was referring to shooting at illegals running through the desert. ...but I wouldn't do that because I'd be wrong, despite the fact that they are in the country illegally and wasting our tax dollars for issues like illegal labor and healthcare which they are guaranteed. But it would be a great way to train up our guys that haven't been to Iraq yet, don't you think?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts