XCR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yay me, I just started the process of getting my CCW/L. Turned in the paper work and got finger printed at the county Sheriff office, gave them the MO for OSBI (Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation) and MO to the Sheriff. Now I have to wait 90-120 days to get my permit. I'm so excited. Now I will be protected from the zombies when I am away from my XCR. I love this country...

·
Registered
1,475 Posts
wow, you have to get finger printed and wait 3-4 months to get you concealed carry license? that stinks! how much does it cost there?

good for you getting it though. what's your carry rig gonna be?

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
I had to wait two months to get mine back and it nearly killed me.

My brother in laws wife asked why I carry a gun. I told her "because those damned zombies won't kill themselves will they? She was more than a little confused.

·
Registered
1,475 Posts
PA.

Fill out form with general info, go to county sheriffs with form and $30 check, get picture for license, walk out door with CCW license good for 5 years ;D

·
Registered
144 Posts
Wow, that is impressive, I'm jealous. Well, it's a good thing it's so easy there since you'll be holding onto all the Gitmo Club members until the Democrats decide they are innocent! :duh:

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
Registered
69 Posts
I should be getting my Texas CHL any day now, and I mailed my non-resident Utah in today. Utah adds reciprocity with Ohio, Nevada, and Washington State.

·
Registered
144 Posts
TH, Magik...get that guy outa there! :mad:

Dak, did you have to train with a Utah Certified instructor in order to get the Utah permit? I've been looking at the most effecient way to carry in as many states as possible. Becoming LEO is kinda out for me at this stage in life so that option is off the table.

·
Premium Member
6,143 Posts
I believe it took me a couple months or so to get mine. They do a background check and then they have the card printing contracted out.

I just had to renew my driver's license and CC permit, tried to do it online and was told I had to show up in person with proof of citizenship. There's 3 hours of my life I'll never get back.

They said it was because everyone was getting new photos and with a CC permit a new background check, even for renewals. I suspect this is related to the fact TN was one of the states handing out driver's licenses to anyone that wanted one a few years ago.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
6,835 Posts
Oklahoma was my first CCL. If I remember correctly, at the time you had to be 23 to apply.

·
Registered
5,071 Posts
When I lived in GA the process was prety easy. Form, fingerprints, background check. Took mine about a couple weeks IIRC. This was back in '01 so don't know if it has changed.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Dak, did you have to train with a Utah Certified instructor in order to get the Utah permit? I've been looking at the most effecient way to carry in as many states as possible. Becoming LEO is kinda out for me at this stage in life so that option is off the table.
I took a Utah out-of-state training class Saturday about 35 miles from where I live. The class was put on by Crossfire at the Roanoke Rec center north of Fort Worth. They are certified Utah Instructors.

Utah is considered a very good add on for Texans, because it gets us Ohio, Nevada, and Washington State. The Utah class was $70 (4-6 hours, with fingerprint, app, and photos) and application was $65.25 (good for five years). Renewal does not require a class at all and is only $10. The application and material is FAR simpler than the Texas CHL (not that Texas is difficult at all).

You can find out-of-state trainers for Utah here:

http://publicsafety.utah.gov/bci/concealedinstructors.html

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Oklahoma was my first CCL. If I remember correctly, at the time you had to be 23 to apply.
Yeah it is now 21 yr of age. Kinda scary but hey what can you do. Lucky for me I almost 36. LOL

·
Registered
1,475 Posts
I took a Utah out-of-state training class Saturday about 35 miles from where I live. The class was put on by Crossfire at the Roanoke Rec center north of Fort Worth. They are certified Utah Instructors.

Utah is considered a very good add on for Texans, because it gets us Ohio, Nevada, and Washington State. The Utah class was (4-6 hours, with fingerprint, app, and photos) and application was .25 (good for five years). Renewal does not require a class at all and is only . The application and material is FAR simpler than the Texas CHL (not that Texas is difficult at all).

You can find out-of-state trainers for Utah here:

http://publicsafety.utah.gov/bci/concealedinstructors.html
I thought about taking a class for the utah ccw permit a while back. It would have added add Ohio, Mississippi, Alabama, New Mexico, Minnesota, Nevada, Washington to my pa ccw. I decided it wasn't worth it to drive 5 hours and pay the $140+ dollars just to be able to drive through ohio essentially. On road trips to the beach I still have to go through maryland and south carolina which don't recognize either license. (not that I care enough to not carry anyway :-X)

·
Registered
6,835 Posts
When I lived in GA the process was prety easy. Form, fingerprints, background check. Took mine about a couple weeks IIRC. This was back in '01 so don't know if it has changed.
Yep, just went in to renew mine yesterday (it expired while I was gone). Paid the $40, got fingerprinted and signed the card. Should have it back next week with the judges signature on it.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts