XCR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
5,177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I never have anything awesome to give away - but I happen to have a copy of Kelly's Heroes, greatest movie evvvver, that I am putting up for giveaway. Will draw straws Friday.

Many of you may have seen this movie. Me and my dad used to watch it all the time. I bought it again, just to reminisce... and now must pass it on, as you must do will all awesome movies. :)

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
That is one FUNNY flic, I liked where they swapped tanks with the enemy. Count me in too please, Terra. ;D

·
Registered
161 Posts
donald sutherland's dog impersonation is classic - "woof, woof" must be all them negative waves. put me in for the drawing please. ;D

·
Registered
3,296 Posts
I'm in, please...

tk

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
Count me in Terra!! 8)

·
Registered
170 Posts
Terra,
How cool you are to be your tender age and know this is one of the all time best war movies made.
Please DON'T include me in the drawing as I have a copy already.
For anyone who doesn't know, the weapons, gear, uniforms, tanks and vehicles in this flick are the most historically accurate of most any war drama ever made before 'Saving PVT Ryan'. Most war movies of the day (and before and after for that matter) just used American tanks and vehicles and painted German Crosses on them. When Oddball tells Kelly about his crew slipping a piece of pipe over their Sherman tank's 60mm gun barrel to deceive the Krauts into thinking the tank had a larger high velocity gun was an actual practice during the war. The same goes for shooting a Tiger tank in it's ass to take it out.
Your a better person than me Terra, I am too greedy, 'cuz my heirs will have to decide what to do with my copy!

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
Terra,
How cool you are to be your tender age and know this is one of the all time best war movies made.
Please DON'T include me in the drawing as I have a copy already.
For anyone who doesn't know, the weapons, gear, uniforms, tanks and vehicles in this flick are the most historically accurate of most any war drama ever made before 'Saving PVT Ryan'. Most war movies of the day (and before and after for that matter) just used American tanks and vehicles and painted German Crosses on them. When Oddball tells Kelly about his crew slipping a piece of pipe over their Sherman tank's 60mm gun barrel to deceive the Krauts into thinking the tank had a larger high velocity gun was an actual practice during the war. The same goes for shooting a Tiger tank in it's ass to take it out.
Your a better person than me Terra, I am too greedy, 'cuz my heirs will have to decide what to do with my copy!
I am the same way. I have a tone of histrically accurate movies/shows on DVD that I will sit down and watch with my kids when they are older so that they know what patriotism and freedom really is.

·
Registered
5,623 Posts
Terra your a gem,please put me in the drawing. :D

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
The soundtrack is excellent as well! :vehicle:

SheepDog :2rifle:

·
Registered
1,115 Posts