XCR Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys and gals :D im very excited after placing my order very recently for an XCR 5.56. Naturally i wanted to obtain only the finest paraphernalia to spoil my newest prized possession to be. With recommendations from noveskerifleworks , navy seals and the other top names throughout the industry. I was really interested in KG's Gun care cleaning , lubricants and protective coatings with a quite diverse collection of 19 different products. I have become very confused with the practical application of KG's extensive product line , and I was hoping you guys and gals could help me to understand what a novice gun enthusiast like myself should use and what i should not use from KG.. Any explanations or suggestions are much appreciated. Here is a link to the KG products thanks again. :D

https://www.kgcoatings.com/index.php?_a=viewCat&catId=24

·
Registered
503 Posts
KG donated two boxes full of their cleaning equipment to my team in '07 and it was great gear but I'd forgotten which brand it was (I recognize the label now). I can recommend the carbon remover, bore restore and I think we used the PTFE dry lube. Everything we had from them seemed to work well-better than our CLP in the desert. Either dry lube should be good, it was all really easy to put on and actually felt kind of odd to put a dry bolt back in to my M4 but didn't seem to have any trouble firing!

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hahah it must have felt odd hunter , i was going to get the KG-11 Moly Grease for my bolt. You have me thinking now about that KG-8 Micro PTFE Dry Lube. :)

I think so far I'am considering
KG-1 (4oz) Carbon Remover
KG-2 (4oz) Bore Restore
KG-3 (19oz) Solvent and Degreaser
KG-4 (2oz) Gun Oil
KG-5 (2oz) Micro PTFE Wet Trigger Lube
trying to decide weather or not to get the Micro Moly Dry Lube Or , Micro PTFE Dry Lube Or, the KG-11 Moly Grease for the "sliding motion parts" bolt/ where lube/grease is required..

1 - 3 of 3 Posts